Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to do Habitat for Humanity this Saturday, June 23 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to do Habitat for Humanity this Saturday, June 23 ?

I've been out a few times already and it is a lot of fun!

If you're interested, just post on up!

I now feel comfortable with doing the following:
    1. Installing shingles (come on April 2002 hail, I'll pocket a few grand...)
    2. Making gables
    3. Installing siding
    4. Understanding crazy angled cuts for gables on 4x8' OSB sheets and making perfect cuts
    5. Best practices for when you reach the end of the roof and to not have seams on your siding or shingle edges
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Re: Anyone want to do Habitat for Humanity this Saturday, June 23 ?

Originally posted by Dean!
    I've been out a few times already and it is a lot of fun!

If you're interested, just post on up!

I now feel comfortable with doing the following:
    1. Installing shingles (come on April 2002 hail, I'll pocket a few grand...)
    2. Making gables
    3. Installing siding
    4. Understanding crazy angled cuts for gables on 4x8' OSB sheets and making perfect cuts
    5. Best practices for when you reach the end of the roof and to not have seams on your siding or shingle edges
    Count me and MeL in for next time but this weekend we will be down in Houston for the Divisional.
    McCall

Comment

Re: Anyone want to do Habitat for Humanity this Saturday, June 23 ?

I went to one a couple weekends ago. It was fun. Sheathed in gables. A nailgun would have been nice! I miiight be going again this time but I don't know for sure yet.

Dean: "Did I cut the gable piece right? Think it will fit the first time without measureing thrice and cutting twice?"
      Me: "I don't think so, Tim."
      "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
      http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Working...
      X