AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Re: Equipe Rapide 2006 Autocross Calendar

Wow, that's a bit far away.

I'm up for shooting to hit a few of these:

National Tour
      4/1 Little Rock, AR
      4/22 Houston, TX

7/22 Denver, CO (Adam, can we all shack at your place? )
      9/26 Topeka, KS

Pro Solo
      4/8 Little Rock, AR
      5/20 Mineral Wells, TX
      7/15 Denver, CO (Ok, for two weeks?!? )
      9/23 Topeka, KS

McCall

Comment

The Little Rock event was awesome last year... but don't think for a minute that it is a quick trip. Walnut Ridge is in the middle of nowhere. Can't get there fast no matter how hard you try.

Comment

I went to Ft. Myers three years ago. It was 7 hours from Atlanta. I couldn't figure out why people went to the middle of nowhere for ONE runway's worth of autocrossing, think current TAMU site. Then about 4 hours into the trip home I figured it out. It was 80 degrees when we left the event, it was 40 degrees when we got out for gas still several hours south of Atlanta. Ah ha! I get it now. You wouldn't believe the crazies that go to that event. Several Michigan people make a vacation out of it to get out of the cold. They go to the Pro then the Tour or they park their car at a kind person's house for a week and fly back.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
            The Little Rock event was awesome last year... but don't think for a minute that it is a quick trip. Walnut Ridge is in the middle of nowhere. Can't get there fast no matter how hard you try.
            Maybe from Houston, but traveling to BFE Arkansas is a snap from DFW. Heck, I do it all the time for work.
            McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
              Wow, that's a bit far away.

I'm up for shooting to hit a few of these:

National Tour
              4/1 Little Rock, AR
              4/22 Houston, TX

7/22 Denver, CO (Adam, can we all shack at your place? )
              9/26 Topeka, KS

Pro Solo
              4/8 Little Rock, AR
              5/20 Mineral Wells, TX
              7/15 Denver, CO (Ok, for two weeks?!? )
              9/23 Topeka, KS
              This is the schedule I would like to run. I think leaving the car in Little Rock and Denver might actually be a possibility. My biggest worry is having enough vacation for all this. =/
              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Maybe from Houston, but traveling to BFE Arkansas is a snap from DFW. Heck, I do it all the time for work.
                Just factor in 1.5 hours of non-interstate time in your drive calculations. 2 land BFE roads with tractors, cows and drunk rednecks (seriously... there was an accident right in front of us last year).

I seem to remember a lack of gas stations that last stretch too.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
                  Just factor in 1.5 hours of non-interstate time in your drive calculations. 2 land BFE roads with tractors, cows and drunk rednecks (seriously... there was an accident right in front of us last year).

I seem to remember a lack of gas stations that last stretch too.
                  Well, if the autox is truely in Walnut Ridge, that is 2.5 hours NE of Little Rock. Actually, it's closer to Memphis than Little Rock.
                  McCall

Comment

Well, if the autox is truely in Walnut Ridge, that is 2.5 hours NE of Little Rock. Actually, it's closer to Memphis than Little Rock.
                    There are 2 walnut ridge's in Arkansas (yeah, really). It is the one that is NE of Little Rock... near Jonesboro. The other one is closer to Texas The maps all show 67 going pretty close to Walnut Ridge... but the maps be wrong

Comment

Working...
                    X