PCA Event this Sunday 4/24 - Mineral Wells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the results of SCCA #2 event are still not posted yet so I don't know where I placed in STU. I think I got 3rd out of 6 but I really don't know yet. I didn't drive too shitty this time but I know I can do better. Frankly I think if I dive to my potential I could have covered the gap. Car did well but didn't rotate as well as I had hoped. Stupid me could have easily fixed that by changing the center-diff to a more open setting but I didn't. =/ I think had I done that I would have gone considerably faster in two places, enough to pick up a second I think.

Cody put the smack down and won BS easily. Nice job Cody.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

PCA AutoX #2 pics:

http://redwood.smugmug.com/gallery/500780

The PCA event was fun. The weather was gorgeous and waited to rain until when we were leaving the event. We finished by 4 and that was with an official hourish lunch break! It's nice not going to uber crowded autocrosses! The results won't be out until Tuesday, though Jeremy aka "Drive it like it's a rental!" beat me in the rented Infiniti Q45. Dean "I'm an instructor" Yamada didn't. I did okay. I probably could have done a tiny bit better with another lap or two, but beyond that I really needed an instructor with me to improve. I did improve every lap of the 4 morning laps, at least (starting at 105, ending at 100.9). I had one 90 degree slide to a stop in the last turn becaues I got on the gas a bit much too early (was getting cocky). Other than that, no spinT. I also was much happier with the way I had the shocks set and the tire pressures than at the BMW event.
      -Sean Martin
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I definitely took the crown from SpinT to become DeanSpinT.... The Infiniti Q45 (340hp/333tq and 4100 lbs) was definitely not all that and it was a very inconsistent handling car. It felt like it had 240hp/230tq....

I think I could have pulled better times in the Coprice - since at least that car drives and handles consistently.

Jeremy did a remarkable job with putting the hurt on a lot of Porsches, beating his co-driver (for the first time ), and putting the hurt on SeanT's Ultimate Driving Machine.

We shall return in an Evo with a working ECU next time for redemption song by Bob Marley....
        Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
        Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

So at your house sits:

STi
          Caprice
          C4
          RX7

and you rent an Infiniti???

hehehehe
          McCall

Comment

Well I now know why Dean and Jeremy don't go to SCCA events. It is called Mark Berry and it is very f'ning fast in a Evo 8 shod with 285/30-18s (that fit in the fender).

Anyone who beats Maderash by half a second in ESP is haulin' ass. It has been said before and I will repeat it, STi/Evo days are numbered in ESP.
            '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
            - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Results from the 4-24 PCA event are FINALLY up:

http://www.pca.org/mav/Autocross/200...s/20050424.htm
              -Sean Martin
              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Working...
              X