Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Fastrack

SOLO STREET TOURING CATEGORY
    - The following rule changes, proposed to be effective 1/1/2007, are published for member comment:
    - Replace the first three sentences of 14.2.E with "Fenders may not be cut or flared, but the inside lip may be rolled to gain additional tire
    clearance. Flares that are part of body kits may be attached to the stock fender. Plastic and rubber wheel well splash shields may be modified
    for tire clearance and to accommodate a rolled inside fender lip. The intention is to permit fitting the maximum allowable tire size, and the
    modifications may serve no other purpose (e.g., air intake, brake ducts, etc.)."
    - Add to 14.9: "The addition of electrical grounding cables and associated distribution blocks/terminals is permitted. Holes may be drilled for
    mounting only. This does not permit the use of electrical enhancement components such as condensors, voltage controllers, etc."
    - Change the wing area portion of 14.2.F to read as follows: "...Total surface area of all spoilers, splitters and rear wing may not exceed 5
    square feet as seen from above (see 12.9)...."
    - Replace the content of 14.2.B with the following: "The driver and front passenger seats may be replaced, with the following restrictions: The
    seating surface must be fully upholstered: The top of the seat, or an attached headrest, may not be below the center of the driver's head. The
    seat, including mounting hardware, must weigh at least 25 pounds and must be attached using the OE body mounting holes/studs. Additional
    mounting points may be added."

The 25lbs includes the mounting brackets.
    McCall

Re: August Fastrack

Sounds like a good rule about the seats. Too bad you can still remove A/C.
    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

I'd suggest you write a letter about the A/C. It's tough to take back an allowance, but there may be enough support on the STAC to do it. Whether or not the SEB would agree, I don't know.

Comment

Based on my experiences in the mountains in the middle of July where it was an awesome 66 degrees, I don't think the a/c stuff is gonna fly - you can easily option cars without a/c.

Maybe not in Texas...but everywhere north of us...
        Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
        Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
          Based on my experiences in the mountains in the middle of July where it was an awesome 66 degrees, I don't think the a/c stuff is gonna fly - you can easily option cars without a/c.

Maybe not in Texas...but everywhere north of us...
          Some cars don't have it as an option, though. I say that if it is standard, it stays. If it's optional on the car, then it can be removed.
          -Sean Martin
          2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Working...
          X