Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '03 ZHP for sale (in Allen)

Originally posted by hancheyb
    Oops, I found it in autotrader for 23.3k! WTF? He said he was upside down in it pretty bad. I think it is a hard sell b/c for the same price you can get an older E46 M3. I found a silver one for $23k. He said a dealer offered him $22k trade in, but another offered $16k. Whatever. It's worth 20k to me.
    Speaking of wild prices - a coworker just bought a 2003 745i black on black for $35,000 ! Wasn't it over $75k new ?

Not his, but a picture for illustration:
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Man I'd love this car if only it had a limited slip...argh. And by the time you pay the 3k to add one, you could have had a used STI
      Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
        Speaking of wild prices - a coworker just bought a 2003 745i black on black for $35,000 ! Wasn't it over $75k new ?
        Yep.

For reference, I bought my 2000 740i Sport for $26,xxx in 2003 and it cost about $70k new. For additional reference, after owning the car for 3.5 years and 60,000 miles (for a total of 130,000) I sold it for $13k yesterday.

The 7 series BMWs depreciate like crazy the first few years. I am sure I will own another slightly used one in the future since my experience with the last one was so good. Especially for the price!

Mike McClure

Comment

Originally posted by mikemc
          Yep.

For reference, I bought my 2000 740i Sport for $26,xxx in 2003 and it cost about $70k new. For additional reference, after owning the car for 3.5 years and 60,000 miles (for a total of 130,000) I sold it for $13k yesterday.

The 7 series BMWs depreciate like crazy the first few years. I am sure I will own another slightly used one in the future since my experience with the last one was so good. Especially for the price!

Mike McClure
          Don't most cars depreciate 1/2 their value in 3 years? I guess it just hurts more when it starts at 70k. Emily's dad's 4 year old SC500 was $80k new I think. A year ago he was offered $20k to trade it on a Bentley. First offer was $17k! Ouch. He kept it.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I believe new cars lose half their value in 4 years...
            Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Did that Matthew character buy it? Do I get a commission?

Comment

Don't most cars depreciate 1/2 their value in 3 years? I guess it just hurts more when it starts at 70k. Emily's dad's 4 year old SC500 was $80k new I think. A year ago he was offered $20k to trade it on a Bentley. First offer was $17k! Ouch. He kept it.
                No, they don't! The 7-series is particularly bad, and I'm sure any American vehicle. I sold my M3 for 69.5% of the car cost (63% if you include, luxury tax, license, blah blah) and that had been wrecked 2 times and the buyer KNEW that. I would've asked ofr more without the wrecks. A lot of really high price cars like 7-series, A8s, S-class seem to lose more value than their smaller siblings. Random info: most of the Hondas are in the 60% range after 3 years.
                -Sean Martin
                2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
                  Did that Matthew character buy it? Do I get a commission?
                  Yep, Matthew (a 22 year old kid) bought it. You know I actually PMed him about 15 minutes before I got you email, right? However, I'm sure your post on CC.com didn't hurt any.

It was a painful process with him calling me upwards of 10 times a day for over 2 weeks. I have no idea how many different places he went trying to get a loan. He just about wet himself during the test drive. However, he finally came through yesterday. Of course he has emailed me twice today telling me how much he loves the car and all the mods he has planned like a supercharger, etc.

Believe it or not, the kid owns a Mustang and has a motor at Erik's shop getting a rebuilt right now. I'll bet someone could get a heck of a deal on a roller Mustang right now since he is dying to raise cash to mod his new car!

As for your commission, I'll let you kiss my ass the next time I see you!

Comment

Oops, I found it in autotrader for 23.3k! WTF? He said he was upside down in it pretty bad. I think it is a hard sell b/c for the same price you can get an older E46 M3. I found a silver one for $23k. He said a dealer offered him $22k trade in, but another offered $16k. Whatever. It's worth 20k to me.
                    Older M3s with 100K+ miles is all I found in that price range. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison imo.
                    -Sean Martin
                    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

red = ick

Costas

Comment

As for your commission, I'll let you kiss my ass the next time I see you!
                        Awwww... that's sweet. Glad the sale worked out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
                          Awwww... that's sweet. Glad the sale worked out for you.
                          Thanks man. Wish I could help you with the house sale to return the favor!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X