'99 Explorer Sport 2d/2wd $4995

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 Explorer Sport 2d/2wd $4995

As many of you know we are selling Daph's Explorer and getting her a G35 Coupe. Its a great truck and if someone you know is looking for a daily driver please pass this on.

Tires are all Michelin, rears brand new due to unpatchable puncture. AC checked out good by McCollum's ~6-8mos ago. New front rotors/bearings/pads in the past 3 months. Intake gasket replaced free by Ford under TSB ~2 years ago, and the starter/battery/IAC valve have also been replaced (the IAC was the only actual problem, victim of female troubleshooting).

If we were keeping it I'd do shocks and plugs - nothing else comes to mind. Its going in the trader at $5500, so act fast

EDIT: Its Black with a Gray cloth interior.
    EDIT2: One owner - its been Daph's car since it was new in '99. Recent inspection and tags, as well. No longer sporting DAPH license plate

The KBB Details:

Engine: V6 4.0 Liter SOHC
    Trans: Automatic
    Drive: 2WD
    Mileage: 91,000

Equipment
    Sport
    Air Conditioning
    Power Steering
    Power Windows
    Power Door Locks
    Tilt Wheel
    Cruise Control
    AM/FM Stereo
    Cassette
    Single Compact Disc
    Dual Front Air Bags
    ABS (4-Wheel)
    Running Boards
    Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Good
    Private Party Value $5,820
    Last edited by C3; 08-23-2005, 09:03 AM.
    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

What timing, my friend Jeff is in the market for a new vehicle. What kind of gas milage does it get?
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I've only done the math a couple of times as I'm not the normal driver, but 18 is what I've seen most often in mixed driving. autos.msn.com says 16/21, so that sounds about right. With the better-than-stock Michelin tires and some new plugs, you may even do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
        What timing, my friend Jeff is in the market for a new vehicle. What kind of gas milage does it get?
        Man have I got a Caprice 9C1 to sell him. And at almost 1/3 of the cost of the Explorer!
        '05 STi
        Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Oversteer
          Man have I got a Caprice 9C1 to sell him. And at almost 1/3 of the cost of the Explorer!
          As long as he doesn't mind high gas costs and out of date tags/inspection to go with the cat rattle.
          -Sean Martin
          2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
            As long as he doesn't mind high gas costs and out of date tags/inspection to go with the cat rattle.
            Hey, I AVERAGED 16-17mpg! Dunno what was wrong with yours. And the cat rattle is GONE. Only reason the tags are out of date is becuase I don't want to send the money before I sell it.

I imagine Daph's Explorer has a few less miles though.
            '05 STi
            Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

This thread is about an Explorer, not a 9C1. Shoo!

Comment

Working...
              X