X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what are your winter mods ?

Originally posted by Fair!
    My opinions on STU...

You can almost get the AWDs as light as an M3 (no one has come close to maxing out the weight of an AWD car yet - not even close! those heavy brakes have gotta go, as do factory seats) - I'd say 100 pounds separates the maxed out M3 and stEVOru.
    With the titanium exhaust and a quarter tank of gas we had my car down to 3088lbs. I think it is possible to get below 3000lbs with A/C still in the car. Supposedly the whole A/C in a subie is near 50lbs (that is internet talk so take it with a big grain of salt).

Seats (new rules) -40lbs
    Two piece rotors -24lbs
    Header -10lbs
    Lighter downpipe -5 lbs
    Empty washer fluid -4 lbs
    Calipers (guessing) -5lbs
    2 gallons of gas -14lbs
    lightweight stereo -2lbs

total loss with A/C -104lbs
    car weight 2984lbs <-- keep in mind that this is speculation but most of those weights are accurate.

Originally posted by Fair!
    With the usable tire limit so close (245mm vs 255mm) I'd go for the 350+ whp car over the 240 whp car any day (those are the future power levels I think we will see in the stEVOru and M3, neither of which have been pushed to the limits of rules - or in the case of the turbos, the limits of "fuel").

Just got my car retuned last Saturday. You guys are going to hate me now. Need to get it on a dyno but it feels much stronger now. =) Tuner said depending on the dyno it will come out to 280-310whp and 360-380wtq on the boosted map. Boosted to 20psi and then tapers down now. STU map of course has stock boost but still feels really strong. Hopefully we will have access to an AWD dyno to find out real numbers.

He has MiVEC maps too for the new EVO9's. He claimed in BSP trim he can get 380wtq out of that engine. He will be back in about 6 months Jason.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
    X