Alignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment

Tue. night I installed the M3 bushings I'd picked up from Brian and then I got the car aligned yesterday. Out of curiosity I had him max out the camber to see what I can get. Turns out I can get 4*. I had him set it to -3.8 up front with 1/8" toe out. The rear is -2.5* and 1/16" toe in. It may be too much camber, but we'll see on the 28th.

So then I had him increase the camber in the posititive direction until the toe was 1/16" inward. Camber on the right side increased to -3.3, but the driver's side didn't really change at all. I'm guessing it's attibutable to one of many factors, but I'm not too worried. These tires were cheap and my race alignment is set.

Anyway, I'll be really anxious to see how the car does with this much camber. It sure feels better with the front bushings in. Now I need to do the rears.

BTW, anyone do their own alignments? I'm researching techniques to do this at home instead of taking it somewhere....

T
    Last edited by Tommy R; 01-12-2006, 03:55 PM.
    2001 Jeep Wrangler
    2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
    Front LCA Bushing Swap
    E36 Custom Cat Back
    M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
    Diff Swap

Re: Alignment

I get about 3.8 degrees race and 2.5 street. I believe the toe went 1/8" from race to street with that camber change.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

My street alignment is front 2.8 - 0 toe, rear 0.1 - 0 toe.

Race alignment (from last year) 4.0 - .95 degree toe out, rear 0.1 - 0 toe. I found out what my race alingment was last Saturday and was very suprised my toe out was so high. Not sure what .95 degrees is on a 25" tire, but it sure sounds like a lot.

This year with stiffer front bar and stiffer springs I have hoping 2.8 front is enough.
      '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
      - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
        I get about 3.8 degrees race and 2.5 street. I believe the toe went 1/8" from race to street with that camber change.
        On the white car I only gained a 1/2 degree going from 1/8" out to zero. The black car was rather similar except for the left side.

T
        2001 Jeep Wrangler
        2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
        Front LCA Bushing Swap
        E36 Custom Cat Back
        M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
        Diff Swap

Comment

Working...
        X