Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RX-8 Setup

So Terry weighs 206lbs ?

P.S. How will people get down to 2700 lbs?? What do the seats weigh?
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Oh my, looks like it's on now. Grats Jason on the new wheels. OMG Terry, you are lighter with driver than I am without. Good thing I have twice the HP and three times the TQ.
      '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
      - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
        Oh my, looks like it's on now. Grats Jason on the new wheels. OMG Terry, you are lighter with driver than I am without. Good thing I have twice the HP and three times the TQ.
        I hope your power makes up for that light car going through all the turns faster, braking later, on the (little) gas pedal sooner.
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I hope your power makes up for that light car going through all the...

turns faster <-- true

braking later <-- true

on the (little) gas pedal sooner. <-- not true, thanks to AWD.

Now for the rest of our scheduled program... Atkins Diet!!!!!
          Last edited by Paul; 01-09-2006, 09:38 AM.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
          - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Here's how I see STU lining up for this next autox year here in the Texas region:

RX8 - lightest of all; should be quickest through the corners; lastest braking; has the widest tires all of; weaknut motor and down on power to the rest

M3 - right in the middle as far as weight; could be just as fast through transitions as the RX8; good braking; a bit wider tires than the STi; has more HP/TQ than the RX8 but lacking a bit from the STi

STi - Heaviest of all the cars; likes to push at the limit and does not transition as well; AWD helps pull it out of turns as well as lanching; brakes really good; smallest tires; but fastest by far all three cars.

In looking and comparing all three, I think it will really come down to course design and drivers. Any given weekend, any of the three cars has a chance to win. Should make for a great season!

I started a new thread on this here
            Last edited by McCall; 01-09-2006, 01:33 PM.
            McCall

Comment

I think Jason has the right of it. I think it will be a toss up.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                Here's a pic of them on a Fair-like car:
                http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda...ges/enkeir.jpg
                Oh man that looks good....
                '05 STi
                Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                  Here's the numbers:
                  2005 Mazda RX-8
                  53.5% front, 46.5% rear
                  2866 lbs w/o driver

This is totally bone stock + sat receiver, stock 18x8" cast wheels/run flat tires, and 4 gallons of gas (more than race weight). Removed loose change, factory jack, fix-a-flat compressor and lug wrench (there is no spare tire), otherwise it's "As delivered". Stock exhaust is huge/heavy, stock wheels are anchors. Wowsers.
                  We weighed MeL's RX8 on Monday night and here are the results:

2004 Mazda RX8
                  53.6% front, 46.4% rear
                  2914 lbs* w/o driver

*The car weighed 2939 with 8 gallons of fuel (1/2 a tank) and using 6.25lbs per gallon, this reduction should put it on par with Fair's fuel-wise.

Now this car has the Grand Touring package which includes: Sunroof, leather seats with power driver's, and the Bose sound system. This car also has the areo package which includes a front spoiler, rear spoiler, and rear side flaps. Also, the same as Fair it has stock 18x8" cast wheels/run flat tires, removed loose stuff, factory jack, fix-a-flat compressor and lug wrench, otherwise it's "As delivered" as well. So being just ~50lbs more, I don't think that is too bad at all. From here, STU weight reduction will begin!
                  McCall

Comment

Working...
                  X