X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October 3, 2006

I think I like it.

'11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I worry it will gain weight like everything else.
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
        I worry it will gain weight like everything else.
        From Car & Driver "But where will the Evolution evolve next? "A wider power range, a softer ride, and quieter. This is our direction," Iwata (Mitsubishi's product manager) says. Then he points to a Mitsubishi-owned Volkswagen R32 fitted with VW's silky-shifting Direct Shift Gearbox and asks, "What do you think of this transmission? It is very interesting to us." To some people, an Evo with paddle shifters and a mellow ride, an Evo that doesn't explode forward at 3000 rpm but merely wafts to higher velocities like a piano pushed off a skyscraper-well, that's just no Evo at all."

It'll be the equivalent to BMW releasing the softer, heavier E36 M3. Get your Evo IX Special Edition now.
        Last edited by Redwood; 10-03-2006, 11:34 AM.
        -Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
          Get your Evo IX Special Edition now.
          Yes Sir! You know the last car of a model run is usually the best to buy.

My favorite quote of what's been written about the Evo: "It really depends on what you as a driver want from your car. In my opinion, there is no car that will love you more than an Evo will. As a road warrior, its sharpness, directness, and aggressive yet forgiving nature leave the STI no choice but to step aside."
          McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
            Yes Sir! You know the last car of a model run is usually the best to buy.

My favorite quote of what's been written about the Evo: "It really depends on what you as a driver want from your car. In my opinion, there is no car that will love you more than an Evo will. As a road warrior, its sharpness, directness, and aggressive yet forgiving nature leave the STI no choice but to step aside."
            You sir, are almost fully converted.

Comment

Where's the quote 20k miles later, "This car sure is awesome when it isn't in the shop getting a new clutch and diff."?
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Where's the quote 20k miles later, "This car sure is awesome when it isn't in the shop getting a new clutch and diff."?
                That's only if I am driving it. Mark Berry has autocrossed his since he got it and he only replaced the stock clutch at 35K because he could. It was not slipping at all. Nor has he had any drivetrain issues. He's also making 380 awhp in BSP trim.

Comment

Originally posted by instigator
                  That's only if I am driving it. Mark Berry has autocrossed his since he got it and he only replaced the stock clutch at 35K because he could. It was not slipping at all. Nor has he had any drivetrain issues. He's also making 380 awhp in BSP trim.
                  Jim Harris has replaced a clutch. I saw or heard of at least one at Nationals getting a new center diff flown in. Don't get me wrong, I love those cars.
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by instigator
                    Get an STi and you won't have to worry about reliability issues making that kind of power...

And I forget already, what kind of car won STU this year?
                    '05 STi
                    Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Oversteer
                      Get an STi and you won't have to worry about reliability issues making that kind of power...

Oh, snap!
                      -Sean Martin
                      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Oversteer
                        Your new sig > Oversteer, the autocross expert.
                        Brian Hanchey
                        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Your new sig > Oversteer, the autocross expert.
                          Never claimed to be. But, I'd bet good money I know more about STi's, and likely Evo's, than you do. All I asked was what kind of car won STU. Don't get your panties in a wad just because it wasn't a BMW.
                          '05 STi
                          Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

No panties in a wad here. I admit they are both fast and might end up being the fastest STU cars. I just find it humorous when you look at the results of an event and make a snap judgement on what is the best car for a class. Many more factors at play than that, but then again, you know way more than me about STEvos. So what do I know?
                            Brian Hanchey
                            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

No panties in a wad here. I admit they are both fast and might end up being the fastest STU cars. I just find it humorous when you look at the results of an event and make a snap judgement on what is the best car for a class. Many more factors at play than that, ...
                              Not making any "snap judgements" and I KNOW there are many more factors. I'm sure with the right driver, there are a few cars that could do well in, and even win, STU. I'm most certainly NOT that driver and probably couldn't even place given ANY car to drive!

Based on the entrants in STU, the STi, Evo, E36M3 and RX8 (in that order) are the cars of preference. The boost buggies just seem to be popular cars in the class. What's the harm in rooting for them and trying to convince McCall of the virtues of an STi? It certainly didn't merit your initial response.
                              '05 STi

Comment

Working...
                              X