X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ding
    started a topic Picked up a good DS car

Picked up a good DS car

2009 Base WRX Sedan, SPT CBE and short shifter.

Probably going to run DS with it for the next 2 years because I have never driven AWD before and have to learn. There doesn't seem to be any shocks for it yet. Two questions though, are subframe bushing limitors legal (vorshlag should make some), and has anyone tried getting 245/45/17s on a 7 inch wide rim. Or should I just stick with 235/45.

• Paul
    replied
    Re: Picked up a good DS car

Originally posted by autoXsp33d7 View Post
    paul this is shawn the one that took a ride with you at the SW DIV at TMS.
    i talked to and would of taken your 29mm FSB but it will not fit the WRX if it is made for a STI since the STI has a wider track.

It was made for my STI but I do not know what the track difference is. You could always try it and see if it fits.

-Paul

Leave a comment:

• autoXsp33d7
    replied

Originally posted by Paul View Post
    Yes it is.
    paul this is shawn the one that took a ride with you at the SW DIV at TMS.
    i talked to and would of taken your 29mm FSB but it will not fit the WRX if it is made for a STI since the STI has a wider track.

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied

Originally posted by CamaroWRX View Post
    Is that the Niles bar?
    Yes it is.

Leave a comment:

• CamaroWRX
    replied

Originally posted by Paul View Post
    You know, I have a custom made front bar that was designed for the AS guys, it is 29mm solid. You might want to use that instead for DS.
    Is that the Niles bar?

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied

You know, I have a custom made front bar that was designed for the AS guys, it is 29mm solid. You might want to use that instead for DS.

Leave a comment:

• ding
    replied

Nice thanks for the extra info, I just passed break in miles and changed the Oil in filter, and boy does 6500 rpms feel good. I'm going to hope I can pick up that bar before the National Street Tire Challenge in Sept., but I might be running bone stock, which will just make me notice the FSB more I guess.

Leave a comment:

• CamaroWRX
    replied

Ding, I just saw this thread (yeah, like Terry said, I do lurk hereabouts).

If you're looking for the WL front bar, you can try IAG Performance. I would use either the stock endlinks or solid endlinks (like Kartboy ones), as the adjustable (spherical/Heim joints) ones I was using with mine were crap. If I go back to using a FSB (my current ESP setup is sans front bar), I will be using the Kartboy ones.

As for the AST 5200s... I like mine. Some of the ST/STS guys at the event I was at in Atlanta this past weekend were oogling them too (even the guys with Motons!).

Leave a comment:

• autoXsp33d7
    replied

Originally posted by ding View Post
    just read through that massive thread on nasioc, some good info on there, just what I was looking for. I am having a problem finding that FSB for sale anywhere. Does your 09 clunk in hard 1-2 shifts, it may just be my fault as I'm use to shifting mustangs and bmws, which you can shift hard and chirp.

Ok edit, I just found the FSB at fredbeans, does the large front sway bar induce more understeer though?
    yea it does induce a bit more which does suck but once you get shocks this should be fixed. i have notice one thing the car will rotate a good amount on off throttle I am still working on getting the tire pressures right on the V710s that I am using right now. I have found that about 32psi in the rear is nice but do not take this with much information I am still trying to find the right PSI for the car. I will be working on this in the next event that we have in Aug. like i said before look at the venders on clubwrx.net they have the bar for a good price and look for bigsky's write up it is good on our cars but he decide to use the koni's not the AST like what we are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• ding
    replied

Originally posted by autoXsp33d7 View Post
    hey ding i have an white 09 wrx hatch with the the short shifter it is legal if it is the STI one from the factory but that is it no other is legal. and yes you can fit 245 on a 7in rim i did it on mine with no problem (this is race rubber i am talking about). i have put a 24 whiteline FSB and it works really good. i would really look in to the 5200 ASTs for our cars i know that is what i am going to get. i talked to terry at the SWDIV at TMS a few weekends ago and i was right our car needs the 5200. i have have done about 66 runs with my wrx and yes it needs shocks bad that is for sure good luck. also take a look at these two forums might help.
    www.nasioc.com - there is a post about 09 in DS in motorsports\autocross
    www.clubwrx.net- look for a thread by bigsky he has a 09 wrx as well
    just read through that massive thread on nasioc, some good info on there, just what I was looking for. I am having a problem finding that FSB for sale anywhere. Does your 09 clunk in hard 1-2 shifts, it may just be my fault as I'm use to shifting mustangs and bmws, which you can shift hard and chirp.

Ok edit, I just found the FSB at fredbeans, does the large front sway bar induce more understeer though?
    Last edited by ding; 07-29-2009, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• autoXsp33d7
    replied

hey ding i have an white 09 wrx hatch with the the short shifter it is legal if it is the STI one from the factory but that is it no other is legal. and yes you can fit 245 on a 7in rim i did it on mine with no problem (this is race rubber i am talking about). i have put a 24 whiteline FSB and it works really good. i would really look in to the 5200 ASTs for our cars i know that is what i am going to get. i talked to terry at the SWDIV at TMS a few weekends ago and i was right our car needs the 5200. i have have done about 66 runs with my wrx and yes it needs shocks bad that is for sure good luck. also take a look at these two forums might help.
    www.nasioc.com - there is a post about 09 in DS in motorsports\autocross
    www.clubwrx.net- look for a thread by bigsky he has a 09 wrx as well

Leave a comment:

• ding
    replied

Well took first in EP in a miata I have never driven before. Even beat the owner.

Leave a comment:

• ding
    replied

I actually have a nice set of impala SS rims I bought for a clone I was starting, ending up building a better verison of the 454ss and put those wheels on my silverado.

Leave a comment:

• John in Houston
    replied

Originally posted by ding View Post
    haha so C-a-p-r-i-c-e is blocked, I wondered about that in your car news, because it made the links not work.
    That is the word which must not be spoken!

Leave a comment:

• ding
    replied

haha so C-a-p-r-i-c-e is blocked, I wondered about that in your car news, because it made the links not work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X