• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Gen wheels - Costas?

SOLD!!!!!

Circle Racing Wheels

***Pictures Here ***

This is a set of four road-race-worthy aluminum rims designed to be strong and very light. They are cadmium plated, which was an expensive option. They also have extra-cost steel lug nut inserts for durability over the course of many tire changes. The rims were purchased to fit a 3rd-generation Camaro or Firebird (1982-1992), and they fit perfectly within stock, unmodified fenders. Nominal size is 16"x9.5", with front rims having 5.125" backspacing and rear rims having 5.75" backspacing. I believe they weigh about 17-18lbs - they are very light and true. The build date on them is 7/26/1999. They fit Kumho 265/45/16 tires beautifully, and Kumho makes both V700 and V710 tires in that size.

These wheels have been used strictly for autocrossing for about two seasons - they have not been used for street driving. They are in very good condition, with just a few minor blemishes on the surface and no damage to any beads or other critical areas. These are not pimpy show-car rims - they are serious equipment oriented toward racing (although they are DOT labeled and there is no reason you can't run them on the street). They are currently shod with old Kumho V700 Victoracers, which have some visible tread left but are well past their prime grip. These tires are no longer fast, but they would be good practice tires. I can leave these on or dismount and discard them at the buyer's discretion. I'm moving and need to clear these out of the garage. I am in the Houston area. Asking $450 obo.

Edited to add the cad-plating.
    Last edited by John in Houston; 05-31-2006, 06:39 PM.

Re: Third Gen wheels - Costas?

Argh. I know.

With the projects I have now I just can't swing it. I have four sets of wheels for the B4C and would love a 5th...

strife.

Costas

Comment

Hey Paul, if you wanna off load a set of GTAs to me so you have space for these much nicer rims, let me know. I'm just trying to help you out

Jeff

Comment

Actually, Matt would probably be willing to swap a set of GTAs for the circle racing wheels.

These wheels are LIGHT! MSR had them on his 3rd gen (Contella's car) up until he sold it to Tony Espinosa.

Comment

Working...
        X