GTO vs SRT-4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTO vs SRT-4

Well, I have today off and was driving around after spending my lunch getting a leaky tire patched. I pulled up next to a red SRT-4. The red ones are the fastest. I was jamming but turned off the traction control juuuust in case. He took off a little bit faster than me which wasn't much but he was PSSSSSH! short shifting PSSSSSH! a bunch PSSSSSH! then I guess downshifted PSSSSSH! as I kept up. Then we hit it around 25mph. He stayed with me. I was looking forward to jumping ahead on the 1-2. No suck luck! MAN! We were even through the 2-3! Then I started to walk a bit. He PSSSSSHifted and started to catch back up or at least not lose any more ground. I got into 4th and was walking slowly away until about 115.

He coasted past and at the light I asked what he had. He said it was stock. I repeated, "bone stock?" "Weeeelll...I've got a Stage II computer. It can really mess with the boost." Uh huh. Still, that little thing is faster than I expected! Maybe it was the 50/50 mix of 91/93 octane I have in the tank. Stupid BFE gas stations!

Fun fun!
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
    http://www.duckfest.net

Re: GTO vs SRT-4

Originally posted by duck
    Well, I have today off and was driving around after spending my lunch getting a leaky tire patched. I pulled up next to a red SRT-4. The red ones are the fastest. I was jamming but turned off the traction control juuuust in case. He took off a little bit faster than me which wasn't much but he was PSSSSSH! short shifting PSSSSSH! a bunch PSSSSSH! then I guess downshifted PSSSSSH! as I kept up. Then we hit it around 25mph. He stayed with me. I was looking forward to jumping ahead on the 1-2. No suck luck! MAN! We were even through the 2-3! Then I started to walk a bit. He PSSSSSHifted and started to catch back up or at least not lose any more ground. I got into 4th and was walking slowly away until about 115.

He coasted past and at the light I asked what he had. He said it was stock. I repeated, "bone stock?" "Weeeelll...I've got a Stage II computer. It can really mess with the boost." Uh huh. Still, that little thing is faster than I expected! Maybe it was the 50/50 mix of 91/93 octane I have in the tank. Stupid BFE gas stations!

Fun fun!
    Considering your car is around a 13.7qtr (13.5 on a GOOD day), and the SRT-4 is a 14.0 from the factory, a little boost tweaking would get it pretty close to your car...

The infamous "It's stock" mmm hmm! LIES!
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by duck
      ... short shifting PSSSSSH! ...He said it was stock.
      I'm not sure a "stock" SRT4 has an external wastegate. I don't think you'd be hearing "PSSSSSH" from a complete stocker.
      '05 STi
      Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Stock to those guys is like how Paul's car is "stock". They just mean they haven't spent thousands of dollars on forged internals and are using the stock turbo. IMO FI ruins "stock" or "street" class competition because it comes down to how willing a guy is to sacrafice overall longevity for a win...kinda like nitrous.
        Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by C3
          Stock to those guys is like how Paul's car is "stock". They just mean they haven't spent thousands of dollars on forged internals and are using the stock turbo. IMO FI ruins "stock" or "street" class competition because it comes down to how willing a guy is to sacrafice overall longevity for a win...kinda like nitrous.
          Haha, speaking of that, hopefully the big puffs of smoke Paul had after Nationals (from his car, not his cig) is a sign of things to come!
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
          X