BMW Event, March 12th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Event, March 12th

Miserable Wells, come one, come all. Remember YOU MUST PREREGISTER FOR THIS EVENT. So Dean, make sure you register online.

www.dlbracing.com
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: BMW Event, March 12th

Originally posted by hancheyb
    Miserable Wells, come one, come all. Remember YOU MUST PREREGISTER FOR THIS EVENT. So Dean, make sure you register online.

www.dlbracing.com
    I'll be there, MR. SCCA WHOOPPING boy....
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

Registered. See ya there.
      '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
      - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

Registered (11:55am, 2/2/05)...didn't see Hanchey's name.....
        Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
        Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

I know, I registered twice and it didn't show up.

EDIT: It must be jacked up. I just went in there and didn't see either of you. I sent them an email.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

I'm out. Doing ER 3/13 instead. Maybe I won't cone on my fast pax run this time and win some damn money!
            Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

I registered and I am still not showing up on the list. =/

Checked paypal and it went thru yesterday.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

255/40-17 Kumhos are getting mounted right now. Cross your fingers that they fit. I only have 5mm spacers. Doh! What's the weather for Saturday?

And yes, 4 mounted tires and 4 loose 255s do fit in a BMW, barely.
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

Ugh, looks like I might be OUT for this Saturday. My friggin' tires don't fit in the back and it is because they are not offset enough. No spacer would fix this since they are hitting the outside fender. And I mean as soon as you pull out of the driveway. I knew I needed to get the fenders rolled again, whoever did them did a crap job and didn't completely fold the two pieces together. We're talking 2mm at most is all I need. I tried to do it myself last night, no tools strong enough to do it. I'm SO mad!!!! Teucci said he may sell his 17x9 SSRs, but that won't help by Saturday. The length of planning I go through to make sure the wife is happy and I screw it up on this.
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

Can you just dial in more rear camber for this event? It's a simple eccentric on the lower arm. You'll need two (2) 18mm wrenches to do it.

Car will turn in like a MOFO once you do this (toes in the rear of the car even more)!

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

I might try that. Turns in like a mofo = oversteers like a mofo?
                      Brian Hanchey
                      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

My car never oversteers... ask Teucci

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

Question. If you push out the lower control arm, does that necessarily push in the top of the wheel. I can't picture the rear suspension, but if you are moving OUT the bottom, doesn't pull in the top?
                          Brian Hanchey
                          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

When I ran 255 victoracer's on my '99 I had no problems with oversteer at all (with factory spec alignment). If anything it was harder to rotate the car and certainly no throttle induced oversteer. So I would think the alignment suggestions by John would be an improvement.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

BMW Event, March 12th

Think of your pivot points. If the upper control arm were above the top of the tire then, no, it wouldn't provide the clearance you need. However, the upper arm is lower than the top of the tire, so "extending" the length of the lower arm will bring in the top of the tire.

Crank in some camber in the meantime. And go to Rob's Audi World and ask him if he'll consider renting out the tool. He supposedly doesn't anymore, but he did for me. Then again, I'm local.

T
                              With 255's and no rubbing problems at -1.5' rear camber
                              2001 Jeep Wrangler
                              2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                              Front LCA Bushing Swap
                              E36 Custom Cat Back
                              M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                              Diff Swap

Comment

Working...
                              X