Cheap and unopened: Netgear 802.11G Router and Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap and unopened: Netgear 802.11G Router and Card

I have an unopened combo kit with Netgear 802.11G wireless router and pcmcia card (Netgear WGB511).

This is a back friday deal that I ended up getting two of. I've already done all the rebates. I can take it back, but won't get retail so I figured I'd offer it up for what they'll give me.

I'm asking $30. The lowest price from pricewatch is Newegg for $51 after rebates...
    Newegg

I'll take it back to the store this weekend if nobody is interested.

I am so behind the times. So I replace my linksys router and can still cable in and also have wireless access for my laptop and any other PC's with 802.11G 45Mbps wireless, right?

Anyone have any opinions on the router? The last netgear router I bought ended up being a doorstop when the BIOS flash died midstream and I couldn't get the serial port working. It was a relabelled router of some sort and I got burned pretty good on them and am bitter buuuut, if it works well, I'd be interested.

How has it worked for you so far? Have you tried port forwarding? The Linksys doesn't work for squat and my PC is in the DMZ in order to get some programs to link up correctly.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
    http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Derrr. I have a Centrino laptop so I guess I don't need the ECMFBI card but if the router works, I'll take it off your hands. Have your people call my people.
      "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
      http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

I haven't opened mine yet. I've been using the microsoft brand router and card since last xmas. The router works fine and I use it daily with my dell laptop with integrated wireless. The problem is the ms brand card that is in Sandra's laptop is flaky. That's why I wanted to try something new. There are reviews on that newegg link I gave, but most are pretty superficial... "i opened it and it worked".

So I replace my linksys router and can still cable in and also have wireless access for my laptop and any other PC's with 802.11G 45Mbps wireless, right?
        It's just like a typical 4 port plus an antenna. My current setup is a linksys wired 4port and the ms wireless setup as an access point.

I have a Centrino laptop so I guess I don't need the ECMFBI card but if the router works, I'll take it off your hands. Have your people call my people.
        I can't separate... they are in the same sealed box. Is that what you want?

Comment

Working...
        X