X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19.2 Volt, 1/2" Cordless Impact Wrench

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92798

$69

Ordered mine. $69 is too cheap not to get one.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Re: 19.2 Volt, 1/2" Cordless Impact Wrench

Daaaaaaaaaayum! That's a good deal. Normally $159. Never seen that model... must get one.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

From what I understand, this is a spin up one. Spin up... one hit. Not the one that most of us use at events.

Comment

I've used the similar spin up and whack, one hit, type that John mentions. (They were $19 for a 12VDC model, ie. the kind you plug into your cigarette lighter) First one lasted one season breaking the lugs free.

When it went on sale a second time, I bought another one, but instead, I break all the lugs free with a breaker bar first. The second one is still working fine after a few years (these were all Firebird days).

So morale to story - this is a *Harbor Freight* cordless impact wrench, I doubt it'll last more than one season slipping the spinning clutch and engaging it for one hit, if you want to break the lugs free.

Make it last several years and break the lugs free with a breaker bar.

At that point, it becomes no more useful than your standard cordless drill for spinning lug nuts and it is slower than a drill, since it has to spin up and then whack, then spin up and then whack - it gets annoying.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd go cordless drill + breaker bar and not spend the $70 on a disposable item.
        Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
        Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Working...
        X