|Vorshlag Motorsports Test Pilot Program
| Vorshlag Motorsports has had the Vorshlag Test Pilot Program (VTPP) up and running since about 2006. This program helps us in the development new products by utilizing knowledgeable racers across the United States to test pre-production models of new parts we make. We also use this program to help expand our presence on the track and in various race series. The VTPP program gives select racers the chance to receive special considerations and promotions by signing up. A vast majority of our Testers are local to us in Dallas/Ft. Worth area, however, as we often need to measure, fit, and install the parts here at our facility.
Customers chosen for the program typically are testing and purchasing Vorshlag camber plates, Vorshlag shock mounts, Vorshlag wheel studs/nuts/spacers, Vorshlag built shocks, or some other prototype part we have built. The benefits of this program are mutually beneficial to both Vorshlag and its customers.
Customers will receive several benefits for becoming a Test Pilot:
- Discounted pricing (on the parts or installation) for the Vorshlag part(s) being tested or installed
- Note: discounted pricing does not mean free.
- Free or nearly free installation, plus other add-on services that fit the part being test. Example: we will perform a corner balance when we install new coilover shocks
- Special help/feedback/updates to the prototype parts
- Some item of Vorshlag swag (hat or T-shirt)
- Two 12" Vorshlag "Test Pilot" stickers available in black or white. EPS pr PDF available to Testers that make their own decals. Some lead testers will have larger decal requirements
- Recognition on the Vorshlag Test Pilot gallery for being a Vorshlag Tester.
- Preferential testing on additional new prototype products as they become available
- Free set-up help at the track or other competition event, if we are in attendance
Not Everyone is a Good Tester
Just because you are a previous customer of ours, or an avid autocrosser, track driver, or club racer, doesn't mean your part needs and skill sets will fit well into our Test program. Over the past several years some of our best customers have become VTPP testers; these were usually racers who understood the situations surrounding new, pre-production, or prototype parts - those that could deal with some slight change to the initial setup, didn't complain about trying different spring lengths or rates, and who shared good feedback with us on the new or unknown variables that their car model entailed. Some racers were not a good fit for this program. Our Testers tend to be the folks experienced in turning their own wrenches. Please look at these prerequisites for VTPP:
- Will you be paying someone to do the suspension installation work on your car?
- Some VTPP customers will receive prototype or early production parts and therefore could require some adjustments to spring length, hardware, etc. Is installing a pre-production part and having to take it off is too inconvenient for you?
- Are you in a hurry for your new suspension setup?
- Do you have some extremely odd requirements?. Such as "I'm running a convertible, automatic transmission equipped car with OEM springs but I want triple adjustable shocks!"
- Are you a mechanical engineer and want dozens of different dyno plots for each shock, so you can discuss and "develop" your new shocks with the experts on the forums? (We're engineers too, and while we appreciate another engineer's feedback, not all engineering experience applies directly to automotive racing suspension development. Having someone who designs bottle caps tell us how we made our suspension products incorrectly isn't always helpful. If your are an automotive suspension engineer, that's different)
- When you order custom built parts, do you tend to call to check on your order 2-3 times per day?
If you answer "yes" to one or more of the questions above - This program is not for you.
As a VTPP tester you would be representing Vorshlag Motorsports in your region so you must maintain the following items to stay in the program:
- Our main expectation is that you are capable of working on your own car. This doesn't mean your neighbor, your buddy, or someone on the internet helping you.
- Stickers we provide (or via an .EPS file if you have your own color requirements) must remain on the car for all competition and/or track events, preferring at least one sticker to remain on the back quarter panel window at all times. We have spies among you, we will know. :) We have a vinyl plotter and will supply with a 24" long Vorshlag decal for race cars (we can make them much larger, too).
- You must show proof of attendance at local events via pictures, race results, etc on a quarterly basis.
- Signature on forums should include mention of Vorshlag products.
- Failure to maintain these items means removal from the program.
- It is really easy - if you are going to get discounted parts or installation, we just want a little free marketing in return. :)
Acceptance to the Program
Customers will be chosen by geographic location, racing activity level, and nature of product use. Potential Testers must be able to answer "yes" to at least one of these questions:
- Do you attend track days an average of once a month with your car?
- Do you compete in road race or time trial events with your car?
- Do you attend autocrosses an average of once a month with your car?
Customers interested can send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Car information (Year, model, racing classes)
- Description of typical vehicle use (ie: "80% street, 15% autocross, 5% track")
- Preparation Level
- Competition Goals
- Location (City as well as local Club Regions you race or track with)
- Phone number (daytime and/or mobile)
- Online user names (we check posts on forums)
Subject Header should mention "VTPP"
Please do not call us to discuss the VTPP program - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your application information. We will contact you directly. If we do not reply within 5 business days, resubmit your application. If we ignore it twice... chances are we have that car model completely covered. We do try to reply to all requests, even if we feel its not a good fit.
Here is a list of new suspension products and applicable car models we are looking to sign up Testers for in 2013:
- Miata MX5 (NA/NB)... need help testing new coilover shocks built by Vorshlag using Bilstein Motortsports parts
- BMW E36 models... to help us test MCS coilovers
- BMW E46 models... to help us test MCS coilovers
- S197 Mustang model...s to help us test MCS coilovers
- S197 Mustang models... to help us test Bilstein Motorsport coilovers
- 5th Gen Camaro models... to help us test Vorshlag camber plates (coilover springs preferred)
Some of these models are already under development while others will be brand new designs, which may require longer lead times and additional testing. Often we need the tester to be local to us in Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX.
Applications will be accepted year round.
We will contact you with our proposed package at which time you can accept and join the team! Send us an email to email@example.com to apply. Each application will be evaluated on several criteria including:
- Do we currently have coverage in your area?
- What activities you do with your vehicle? For instance if we do not have an active autocrosser, but several track cars we will consider having multiple Test Pilots in the same geographic area.
- What type of car do you have? We always need to test products on hot new models as well as popular sports cars from the past.
The Vorshlag Staff