These are current sold out! We have revised the design of our motor mounts to meet updated SCCA rules. We expect to be shipping current orders during the first week of June.
Install tip for our polyurethane mounts: Install the mounts and lower the drivetrain back in place. Tighten the nut on the "bolt-thru" stud lightly, until it touches the main plate. Keep tightening until the bushing starts to bulge, then back it off 1/2 turn. That's it. Tightening more will only squeeze the bushing more, which makes it firmer and then makes for additional vibration.
E36/46 Competition Polyurethane motor mounts are now available! These mounts will fit the following cars: E36/Z3 non-M and M3, E46 non-M and M3, Z4 non-M and M, E9x M3 ONLY. These motor mounts will dramatically change the responsiveness of your BMW. We noticed immediate improvements in shifting on the street and especially mid-corner on the track. The Polyurethane version does not noticeably increase engine vibration but is considerably stiffer than any other poly BMW motor mounts.
Why upgrade to Vorshlag Competition Motor Mounts?
- Correct shifter geometry for every shift
- Easy shifting in mid-turn, no drivetrain slop
- Up- or downshift while loaded and under power!
- Direct feel under braking and acceleration
- Instant throttle and engine torque response!
- Radically reduces "Money Shift" potential
The BMW E36/E46/E9x M3 models have a body mounted shifter, a rubber isolated shift handle, a high Center of Mass engine, and sloppy stock motor mounts and transmission bushings. This allows the driveline to flop and slop around like a bucking bull, on a hard driven car with track duty tires. Load the chassis motor up into a corner and good luck finding the next gear, especially on downshifts. Vorshlag poly mounts cure what ails these BMW chassis! These will keep the engine planted with the chassis, and that "wind-up" driveline will be no more. If your motor mounts have more than 80K miles of them, they are shot. Do yourself a favor - lock down that driveline and enjoy smoother, more positive shifting on the street and track.
Specifics on this revolutionary motor mount design:
- CNC aluminum end plates, clear anodized finish
- Red Polyurethane bushing material, Shoreline 95 A (50 D) durometer (STIFF, but not quite HARD)
- Hardened, metric studs for engine and frame attachment
- Class legal for SpecE36, SCCA Street Prepared and Street Touring (metal content not increased)
- These mounts will accommodate various OEM motor mount heat shield configurations
- These mounts fit all E36 6-Cylinder Engines, all E46 6-Cylinder Engines and the E9x M3 (only) model.
- These have no added NVH (noise vibration harshness) compared to our Competition Nylon mounts
- Note: lightweight (1-piece) flywheels add NVH to any BMW engine, and this can be more pronounced with stiffer motor mount designs
- The perfect BMW motor mount for street driven cars that also see autocross or track use
- When installed correctly the stud should just barely protrude through the nylon ring on the top nut we provide. If you keep tightening the top nut it squeezes the poly insert and makes for more noticeable engine vibration.
- These poly mounts should barely be noticeable when installed, and only then at idle with the a/c on (extra load, lower rpm). Make sure your engine's idle speed is set to the correct rpm, as a slightly low idle will naturally have more vibration.
- Upgradable to Nylon if the car becomes track-only prepared at a later date
Shipping weight 2.6 pounds.
Add the perfect compliment to your Vorshlag motor mounts with a set of Vorshlag transmission mounts! This combination drastically improves shift action and engine response for your car. The transmission mounts are discounted when purchased with the motor mounts.
These transmission mounts will fit the following cars: E36/Z3 non-M and M3, E46 non-M and M3, Z4 non-M and M, E8x non-M and M, and E9x non-M ONLY.