3/7/13 - These are in stock and ready to ship!
Easily adjust front camber settings track side with Vorshlag front camber plates for the Subaru GD chassis (2002-2007 Impreza WRX & STi). Over-sized spherical bearings and alloy steel bearing holders are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse as well as provide minimal stack-up height and maximum suspension travel. All components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. These are the strongest camber plates made for a Subaru. We have also added +1.0° positive caster into these plates compared to the OEM upper strut position (.450" displacement rearward) when used in the GD chassis Subarus.
In order to properly use Vorshlag camber plates, you must choose Vorshlag upper spring perches that match your strut brand and spring type. These are included with the camber plates, and are made to work with 60mm or 2.5" diameter coilover springs only. These custom spring perches incorporate a sealed double row axial bearing for extremely low rotational friction and a lifetime of trouble free use, and remove rotational loads from the spherical bearing. Vorshlag camber plates are designed to be compatible with all common strut types.
- Compatible with 2.25", 2.5" and 60 mm Coilover springs and all struts.
- Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
- Plates are designed specifically for GD Impreza (2002-2007 Impreza WRX & STi)
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track from the engine compartment with simple hand tools. No need to reach inside the wheel well with a wrench!
- Potential negative camber gain is considerable - we were able to get to -6° camber on the front of a 2007 STi with the strut slots and camber plates maxed out, but we only raced this car with -3.5 to -4° camber
- The design adds 1.0° positive caster
- The spherical bearing used in Vorshlag camber plates is the largest used in any Subaru camber plate. The result has much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in some competitors' plates.
- Designed using .400" aluminum alloy. The high strength of the aluminum allows these to have the minimum stack-up height and maximum suspension bump travel. More than an inch more strut travel than some of our competitors!
- 100% CNC machined, anodized aluminum alloy construction
- All components plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- Engraved with Vorshlag logo, model, and side/front orientation.
- Vorshlag Upper spring perches included for this price; Choose spring size and strut brand/style from the Option Drop Down Menus below.
- The included pair of Vorshlag aluminum upper perches include sealed Vorshlag Radial Bearings for ultra low friction steering resistance, isolating strut shaft rotation from the spherical bearing for long life.
Shipping weight 6.4 pounds.
All Vorshlag camber plates are designed to work with our upper spring perches. The Vorshlag perches are made for to fit 2.25" and 60mm, or 2.5" diameter coilover springs and incorporate sealed radial bearings - which remove the spring rotation during suspension travel from the spherical bearing. The perches also incorporate pressed in adapters to fit your strut shaft to our over-sized spherical bearing perfectly. Please note - these plates will not work without the correct Vorshlag upper perches! Please choose your spring size and strut brand/style to get the correct upper spring perches for your set-up. The only time you should order our camber plates without perches is when you already have a pair of Vorshlag upper perches for your correct strut and spring option.
We currently do not make perches for the OEM style springs for Subarus. Certain applications require a components that do cost extra, shown below in the options. KW rear struts have a very short stem and require our Vorshlag Long Reach Top Nuts (M12-1.25 thread) be used in place of the normal nylock M12 nuts. H&R coilovers have a similarly short upper stem and require a different Vorshlag top nut (M12-1.5 thread). Non-inverted struts can just re-use the top nuts that came with the struts. We also sell new OEM style nylon locking top nuts if yours are worn or missing.