AST Suspension Track Day Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AST Suspension Track Day Poll

Allrighty! I checked with ECR. We're a "go" for Monday. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate, mid 50s, no rain. See you guys there!
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb View Post
      Well, it is official. I submitted the contract to ECR. So once again:
      • Monday, November 30th.
      • Track opens for lapping at 9:00AM. We'll be there by 8:00AM to setup.
      • Bring tools! If we end up revalving your shocks, you'll have to remove them with tools required for your vehicle.
      • Cost: $175
      • Bring your own drinks. ECR will not have any food or beverages. I'll bring coffee and donuts. Decatur is 20 minutes away if you want food for lunch.
      • We'll run till we drop. Probably 4-5:00 PM.
      • There are no run groups! All day is your run group. Think about it, if all the cars were on track together, they'd be 1/8 mile apart.
      • Bring plenty of brakes. ECR is brake intensive.

Any questions?
      Damn. Wish I lived in TX. It'll be worth coming to TX to meet you guys some time and see what my 4100s can do someplace other than GA

Comment

Wow, what a blast! We had beautiful weather and the track all to ourselves... most fun I've had on track in a LONG time! It was worth the crazy detours I went through trying to get to the track (Google Maps steered me wrong), missing work, whatever it took. Pics

Big thanks to Brian for setting this up, and to Ronnie and Piet with AST for being there to help tune cars. We gotta do this again soon. For you lamers that skipped the event, well, you really missed out. I'll post the video I took soon.
        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Anybody who didnt' do this missed a great time. The adult version of chase in the afternoon was intense and too much fun! Thanks Brian and AST Suspension.

Comment

I looooooooooove that 135i.
            -Sean Martin
            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I'm really sorry I had to miss out guys, I feel like I let you down. I had some stomach bug get me at a hockey game Friday night that really messed me up. I'm just back to feeling normal today...

From the pics it looks like my Camaro might have been out of place there But I'm sure I will regret not getting in the seat time and the tuning work in. Just do the next one at Harris Hill and at least someone can stop by and pick it up to take it to the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Wirtz View Post
                Just do the next one at Harris Hill and at least someone can stop by and pick it up to take it to the track.
                AST Track Day tomorrow at Harris Hill. Oh, can't make it? I'll be by at 8AM to get it.

I talked to Maggie about future ones. She suggested talking to Linda about it. We can probably get a better deal. My track day was significantly more expensive than $175. It was worth it though. I think with better planning we can have a good sized group, provide some tuning, and have a great time. The open track format is the only way to go IMO. You can work on your car easier and not be worried about when your next 20 minute session starts.

Since the GT3 got wrecked the day before the shocks went on, we'll have to plan another test with it. Stay tuned.
                Last edited by hancheyb; 12-01-2009, 10:01 PM.
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
                X