Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Subaru BRZ / Toyota FRS / FT86 Chassis Related Tech

Originally posted by Fair! View Post
    Yea, the rumor is that one version has stiffer springs ans softer shock valving (FRS) and the other has softer springs and stiffer shock valving (BRZ). Trust me - its going to be so minor you wouldn't notice. We will test the spring rates on both models as soon as we can, but I'd bet good money the difference is less than 10%, and both spring rates will be so soft as to make each car a LEAN MACHINE, like most bone stock cars. 10% is nothing... we usually increase spring rates by 200-400% with coilover conversions, so a 10% swing on spring rates when they are this soft is a rounding error, to me.

Even a stock 2011 WRX and 2008 EVO X MR have super soft spring rates. The BRZ/FRS isn't even that "sporty" and will likely have more roll

I wouldn't let these minor differences in rumored spring rates sway you from a BRZ to an FRS. Buy the one you like from the aesthetics, or if you like Subaru more than Scion... they are going to be so similar as to not matter much, performance-wise. With proper spring rates (3-5 times stiffer than stock) and good adjustable monotube shocks (ASTs, etc) these cars will handle MUCH flatter and ride as good or almost as good as stock.

Cheers,
    Have y'all had the opportunity to differentiate between the FR-S and BRZ? I've been wondering what is causing the marginal differences in lap times published by the many magazines I've seen. There seems to be no real consensus as to which version is quicker, which leads me to believe it is all in the driver and their familiarity with the car/track/conditions.

Comment

Working...
    X