NTAXS event May 31, 2009 @ MW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTAXS event May 31, 2009 @ MW

Amy and I went and joined the North Texas Auto-X Series at Mineral Wells on a hot May day last Saturday. Temps crept up to 95°F but we were done by 3 pm and ready to cool down. We had never run with this group before, which was formerly the S2000 club. Racers were made up primarily of S2000 and Miatas from the DFW area, as well as a handful of competitive SCCA autocrossers from other clubs.

They set up a long (80+ second) and busy course that had some tight turn arounds, tight slaloms, but long straights. It was fun to drive and worked well for our driving styles and setup. The EVO and the Yokohama AD07s took the heat well and me and Amy managed fastest and 2nd fastest times of the day (FTD), as well as a 1-2 finish in their "Class 2". Amy had FTD secured until my final run (whew!). Stuart and his dad ran the S2000CR, and Jim Harris and Kenny Baker were there in their RX8s (but they all ran when we corner worked, so we have no pictures).

The guys and gals of the NTAXS put on a great event. They take the summer off and have monthly events starting up again in September.

Here's the picture gallery (60 pics): http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/8406759_AiLQt

everyone loves red...

This Datsun was a good looking classic!

You gotta have scooooops!

You gotta have tape!

got cone?

3500 pounds of road hugging weight

The EVO works really well on courses like that - well, except for the tight slaloms. The SST semi-automatic transmission was shifting its brains out and I couldn't count the number of shifts it made during a run. Amy was pushing my times all day and I barely pulled out a faster time on my 6th run (of . By then I was overheated and ready for some air conditioning and much Gatorade.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: NTAXS event May 31, 2009 @ MW

Video from Amy's 5th run (82.6). She ran quicker the next run (82.0) without my jabbering in her ear:

Link to video

Comment

Terry's 2 word coaching "Floor it". That looked fun but a tough box at the end.

Comment

Results: http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox/2009_0530.htm

Kudos to Kent Kroll, who co-drove a Miata on only 4 in the morning and won Class 1... on the day he got married!

Looks like Amy had the fastest raw time of the day (81.3) but laid down her fastest clean time on run #8.

Terry's 2 word coaching "Floor it". That looked fun but a tough box at the end.
        Hehehe.... she needed to be on throttle sooner in this AWD car... it hooks up everywhere, and they gave us TONS of corner exit room on some of those tight turn-arounds. The box at the end was a lot tighter than it looked.

Comment

It was good to see all out there. Fun OPEN course.

After being there I kinda regretted not having the Mustang up, but it was for the best I am sure .
          '06 Mustang GT
          VTPP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkkker View Post
            It was good to see all out there. Fun OPEN course.

After being there I kinda regretted not having the Mustang up, but it was for the best I am sure .
            Congrats on the wedding. How'd everything go?

Comment

Went great!

I was still on time, no grease on her dress, and made money in Vegas. Though not much!

I did lose a phone, but so far its been over a week and she hasnt kicked me to the curb yet, so I figure that I am good so far.
              '06 Mustang GT
              VTPP!!!

Comment

Working...
              X