Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AST Suspension Track Day Poll

Greetings,
    Piet and Ronnie Kreeft from AST Suspension will be in town (Dallas) at the end of November through the first week of December. We plan to rent a track in the DFW area for existing AST customers. All of this is weather permitting of course. Texas weather is a crap shoot around then.

Here is what they want to do. Piet and Ronnie want to ride in cars with AST shocks on an American race track. Then they will adjust your shocks and decide if they want to revalve your shocks on site. We'll bring all the appropriate tools to remove the shocks and revalve them at the track. You will need to help remove and install them on your car since we'll have many cars at the track.

I would prefer that you have "on track" experience OR are willing to have an experienced driver take your car on the track. I'm always available! ha!

Of course the catch. While the revalve and work at the track will be free, we will have to divide the cost of the track day amongst the participants. I'm guessing it will be in the neighborhood of $250-300 per participant capping the total invited to approximately 20 people. Anyone purchasing shocks at any AST dealer prior to the test date can participate as well. Most likely it will be during the week.

So my question is this, is it worth ~$250 to have Piet Kreeft, the man who valved Emerson Fittipaldi's Indy 500 winning shocks, help you setup your car for the day?

For questions, please email me at sales at ast-usa dot com.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: AST Suspension Track Day Poll

Alrighty. This is starting to look exciting. I can't really name what is going to be at this test, but we could have some heavy hitters trialing new stuff.

Here's what I know so far:

1. So far it is looking like Eagles Canyon on Monday, November 30th
    2. We'll have access to the garage there for working on cars
    3. Price will not exceed $200 and is possibly more around $175 (if we get 20 cars)
    4. If we have slots, I'd like to open this up to anyone thinking about new shocks as well. You'll get the entire track day, plus one ride with AST and they'll adjust your shocks regardless of brand. Of course you'll get the chance to ride in several cars with ASTs as well.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Dang... why did I move up here?

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston View Post
        Dang... why did I move up here?

Because you are a puss and couldn't stand the heat!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turbotoddie View Post
          Because you are a puss and couldn't stand the heat!!!!!!!!
          Actually... I thought a bad case of the 'turnin-loose' was going around... and I am kinda attached to the hair on my head

Comment

So Brian, any updates on this?

Comment

Last I heard its still on... trying to get my 330 track worthy in time to do this! What else better could you have going on during a Monday??
              Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
              2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
              EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

We're on! November 30th, be there.
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I plan on being there in the E30 as long as I can get the 4-point installed in time. So count me in for a slot.
                  McCall

Comment

Already got the day off. Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by McCall View Post
                      I plan on being there in the E30 as long as I can get the 4-point installed in time. So count me in for a slot.
                      Sweet, I was hoping you could be there. Your E30 is such a great track car.
                      Brian Hanchey
                      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I'm planning on making the trip as of right now. Will bring the CMC car up for some tuneage.

Comment

Originally posted by Wirtz View Post
                          I'm planning on making the trip as of right now. Will bring the CMC car up for some tuneage.
                          Another crowd pleaser. Uh, I might need to drive it to make sure we get the tuning right. hehe
                          Brian Hanchey
                          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Well, it is official. I submitted the contract to ECR. So once again:
                            • Monday, November 30th.
                            • Track opens for lapping at 9:00AM. We'll be there by 8:00AM to setup.
                            • Bring tools! If we end up revalving your shocks, you'll have to remove them with tools required for your vehicle.
                            • Cost: $175
                            • Bring your own drinks. ECR will not have any food or beverages. I'll bring coffee and donuts. Decatur is 20 minutes away if you want food for lunch.
                            • We'll run till we drop. Probably 4-5:00 PM.
                            • There are no run groups! All day is your run group. Think about it, if all the cars were on track together, they'd be 1/8 mile apart.
                            • Bring plenty of brakes. ECR is brake intensive.

Any questions?
                            Brian Hanchey
                            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb View Post
                              Uh, I might need to drive it to make sure we get the tuning right. hehe
                              Always good to dial-in that low-speed damping

Comment

Working...
                              X