NASA Texas Events thread for 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA Texas Events thread for 2011

Hey guys.... just posting up the NASA event dates for 2011, and some other info. They've just added 2 new NASA event dates, which I included in my list below.

2011 NASA Texas events + Nationals
    • January 15 - Harris Hill Road Instructor Clinic / Staff Meeting
    • January 29/30, 2011 at MSRH HPDE/TT/Racing
    • March 12/13 at MSRC HPDE/TT/Racing
    • April 30/May 1 at TWS HPDE/TT/Racing/Comp School
    • June 11/12 at Hallett HPDE4/TT/Racing
    • August 6/7 or (Nov 26/27) at TWS HPDE/TT/Racing
    • September 7/10 at Mid Ohio NASA National Championships TT/Racing
    • October 22-23 at Eagles Canyon HPDE/TT/Racing
    • Nov 26/27 at TWS (tentative) HPDE/TT/Racing

The NASA Texas website is still lacking some crucial info, so I'm posting up the Track Records and 2010 results, as sent to me by Ken Brewer:

I'm trying to hit at least 4 of the events above, and our Mustang and the E30 are both on deck for NASA TT events. Costas and I went to the Jan 15th event, and Amy and I are going to the MSR-H event this weekend. MSR-C, TWS, and ECR are all on my list, and I'd like to try to at least go to the Nationals this year, at Mid-Ohio (maybe just to watch or crew, who knows).

Post up if you:
    • Plan on attending any NASA Texas events
    • Want to know more about NASA HPDE/TT/Racing
    • Need help classing your car for NASA TT
    • Want to come out and watch one of the events with us/tag along and help

Thanks,
    Last edited by Fair!; 01-27-2011, 01:12 AM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: NASA Texas Events thread for 2011

Should be a fun year. The new NASA leadership for this region seems to be doing a lot work to make improvements to whole process.
    Won't make this weekend at MSR-H (at the Rolex 24 in Daytona Beach) but should make MSR-C. Man, Mid Ohio would be a nice goal for this year.....
    Last edited by Fair!; 01-27-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

We took about 265 pictures this weekend, located here: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-E...ouston-012911/ (feel free to keep/copy any of your car)

Some pics we took of the TT cars:

Some pics from various race groups:

Big thanks to all of the Rocky Mountain and Texas region NASA directors and volunteers - great event!

Amy and I had a great weekend, even with the rain on Sunday. The new leadership kept the entire event on schedule, which was a nice improvement. They also served up some good food and beer for the year end awards banquet Saturday night. I only had 3 students all weekend, one of which I never rode with (single seater race car), and one moving rapidly up from HPDE1>2>3 that weekend, who just needed some tips in a rain session. I rode with Amy when she ran HPDE on Saturday, and she rode with me in TT. On Sunday she took her first TT session - and it was in the wet. She managed 10th fastest time for the session, so that's not too shabby, and passed several cars in the carousel (on the outside of the turn). She made it look easy.

Big props to Ken O, who dominated TTB on Saturday, setting the track record, and I believe he even beat TTA as well. I was a solid 5 seconds back (on street tires), and was 2nd fastest in TTB in our Mustang until the last session, where an Exige bumped up past my times. We learned a lot, got some good video to pour over, and got some baseline settings for our current prep set (shocks, springs, street tires). We have lots to do before the next NASA event, at MSR-Cresson.

Until then,

Comment

What wheel / tire sizes were the other TTA mustangs running (continentals)?

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston View Post
          275/35-18 is the size for a Mustang and most GS cars if that's where they got them.

I think the most interesting part of my weekend was watching the Continental paddock where they did all the tire changes. 10 18 wheeler trailers full of tires and a giant service crew changing out tires on an assembly line. Pretty cool.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston View Post
            Hanchey got it right.... 275/35/18 on both the TTA '11 GTs

you can see the numbers in the blown up close-up pic: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-E...770_rSjeE-A-LB

and on the other car, too: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-E...301_VvM3p-A-LB

Comment

"I think the most interesting part of my weekend was watching the Continental paddock where they did all the tire changes. 10 18 wheeler trailers full of tires and a giant service crew changing out tires on an assembly line. Pretty cool."

Well here is a picture I took of it. The tires came in on the oppisite side by way of the roller decks and went from one of the tire mounting machines to the guy (there was several) near this end who ballanced and then they were stacked near where we were standing. An amazing thing to see was this one guy who wourld stack 8-10 tires on a regular size hand truck and with one hand reaching as high as he could to stabilize the tires and roll them in from the trailers. Hard to explain but wild to see.
              Attached Files

Comment

I am trying to fit in some HPDE event with NASA in the BMW.

Comment

Working...
                X