Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 LS1 Cooling

E36 LS1 Cooling

Teucci has been working on the LS1 E36 and has a cooling solution well underway.

(click to enlarge)

Originally posted by teucci
    I'm going to keep you guys updated with a blow by blow description on what I'm doing with the LS1 car along with part numbers... Feel free to update the website and (deleted for secrecy).

Radiator is standard E36 6-cylinder manual transmission. The same one is used on all 6 cylinder cars including M3s. Notice that it runs the full width between the frame rails.. aftermarket isn't going to be any wider. It's also a pretty thick radiator.. the core is approx. 1.2" thick. An aftermarket radiator might be slightly better.. but thicker isn't necessarily better due to diminishing returns and greater restriction to air flow.

(deleted) expansion tank is on the way, will be here Monday or Tuesday.

Lower radiator hose is (deleted). No idea what the original application is but I spent a couple of hours finding one with the right combination of bends. It's been cut down to about half the size of the original.

The two heater hoses are (deleted). They will head straight back to the battery tray area. I'm currently trying to decide where to mount the heater control valve.. by the brake booster or under the battery tray. Stay tuned!

The upper radiator hose is (deleted). It's a little long and the radiator end is too large so I think I'll have to splice that one. I'll try one more time to find a perfect fit hose.. if I don't then I'll modify the (deleted) hose and graft a different end onto it.

about to order a (faster rate steering) rack... (deleted).
    He makes it look easy. This is why we call him... SuperTeucci...

(edit: sorry for the deletions, but we don't want the part numbers for potentially kit-specific parts to be public knowledge. I know you guys understand. If any of you want a kit you know you'll get The Hook-Up!)

Website updated with these pics: http://www.vorshlag.com/ls1bmw9.asp
    Last edited by Fair!; 05-08-2006, 08:47 PM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev
Working...
X