Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vorshlag Karting Challenge - Sunday, July 24th, DKC!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vorshlag Karting Challenge - Sunday, July 24th, DKC!

That's right, we're doing it AGAIN!

COME AND JOIN US ON SUNDAY, JULY 24TH FOR ANOTHER DAY OF FUN AND COMPETITION AT DALLAS KARTING COMPLEX!

So you've been on the fence for the first two events we've held, and you've missed out on all the fun. Well, here's your chance! Vorshlag Motorsports has stepped up to sponsor another event at Dallas Karting Complex, the premier karting facility in North Texas. This time it's a private event - that's right, we've got the place all to ourselves, from 8 am - 12 pm on Sunday, July 24th!

We will be providing a fully catered barbeque lunch at this event, all included in the event price! Wes Goodwin - who cooks for several NASCAR teams when they visit TMS - has graciously offered to fire up his smoker to cook some brisket and chicken, and Vorshlag has stepped up to cover the costs for a good ol' Texas barbeque with all the fixins. Big thanks to Wes and Vorshlag!

REGISTRATION: Registration for this event opens at midnight on Sunday, July 10th and closes at midnight on Friday, July 22nd. You must pre-register in order to attend the event! Payment is not required until you arrive at DKC on Sunday morning.

REGISTRATION LINK

PRICE: The price is $60/person for this event. That price includes 3 sessions, helmet rental, and neck brace rental. You may use your own helmet, as long as it is rated M/SA2000 or newer, and full face with an installed face shield. No open face helmets, no full face helmets without face shields. There is no discount if you bring your own helmet.

If you do use one of the rental helmets, you will need to either bring or purchase a head sock.

EVENT FORMAT: There will be four run groups for this event, 13 drivers per run group. 52 drivers total. No more. You must pre-register for this event.

Each participant will get three sessions:
    • One practice session
    • One qualifying session
    • One standing start race

Your grid position in the final race will be determined by your fastest lap in qualifying. There will be four total final races - top 1/4 qualify for the Championship race, next 1/4 qualify for their own race, and so on. The winner of each of the "lesser" races will get a free shot at the next highest race!

Each race winner will receive some prizes and a trophy!

FACILITIES: DKC has a large, air-conditioned club house, complete with large lap time displays. Food and drink are available for sale at the facility, and you can bring your own in. We will have a large private conference room available to leave our gear in.

PRIZES: Big thanks to Terry, Amy and the rest of the crew at Vorshlag for chipping in Vorshlag hats & shirts to the winners of the three main races! Be sure to visit Vorshlag’s website for all your automotive upgrades!

DKC will also be providing trophies to all main race winners!

START TIME: Please be there by 8:00 am for registration. I hope to have a quick driver’s meeting and get the first practice group out by 8:30, so your prompt arrival is appreciated! If you aren’t there by 8:30, you forfeit your spot in the event!

SEE YOU AT THE TRACK!
    Last edited by Faerus; 06-30-2011, 11:28 AM.
    Iain

'01 Honda S2000 - extra crispy
    '05 Honda CR-V EX AWD - alphabet soup family truckster
    Always looking for a co-drive...

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Vorshlag Karting Challenge - Sunday, July 24th, DKC!

That should be JULY 24th, not June 24th. Why can't I edit a post on this forum?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Correction from above - Registration is OPEN NOW!!!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE REGISTRATION LINK.
      Iain

Comment

Originally posted by altiain View Post
        That should be JULY 24th, not June 24th. Why can't I edit a post on this forum?
        Not sure why you can't edit, I'll have to look into that. I've edited your first post to show "July".
        Matt @ Vorshlag Motorsports

Comment

You guys are KILLING ME!!!
          I leave that morning to go to Oshkosh for the AirVenture.

Now where is the little "I'm pissed off" icon face????

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Costas
          cars and such...

Comment

Grand Am for me.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Wow - only 16 spots left! Register now or kick yourself later!
              Iain

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping View Post
                You guys are KILLING ME!!!
                I leave that morning to go to Oshkosh for the AirVenture.

Now where is the little "I'm pissed off" icon face????

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Costas
                cars and such...
                Originally posted by hancheyb View Post
                Grand Am for me.
                Don't worry guys - with the kind of response these events are getting, I'm sure we'll be having more of them. Hope you can make the next one!
                Iain

Comment

Wow! Less than five hours after registration opened, this event is full! Let the smack talking begin.

I have enabled the wiat list function on the registration page, so feel free to sign up for the wait list if you missed out on the registration. If you're on the registration list and can't make it, please remove yourself from the list and free up a spot for someone else.

See you at the track!
                  Iain

Comment

Don't worry guys - with the kind of response these events are getting, I'm sure we'll be having more of them. Hope you can make the next one!
                    Yeah, I think you're on to something with that kind of response.
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

This karting challenge (the 3rd Iain has put together) is bigger than before, and we've spread the word to a wider audience, so we expect an even more serious (-ly deranged) field of drivers for the July event. Still going to have the trophies, swag, and such for the race winners, but this time Vorshlag is upping the ante with food - bar-b-q that will be cooked on the spot for all the Challenge entrants is included at no additional cost.

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-E...ing-DKC-062611 - pics and video from the last DKC event

I know a few of the drivers complained about driver weight differences and such. Well now you've got 3 whole weeks to get into top racing condition - let the dieting begin! No, we're not going to make Jeremy Foley wear ballast... just maybe a big, bright target on his back.

After reviewing some of the video from the last event it seems (to me) that one kart in particular was the fastest in an unusual number of track sessions, so we'll ask the guys at DKC to try to weed out any "ringer karts" as well as to make sure there are no obvious handicapped karts also. The goal is 100% equally performing karts for everyone. We are also going to have some additional folks on hand to take pictures and video of each race group, so we don't miss anyone this time.

Dallas Karting Complex
                      5025 FM 1565 North.
                      Caddo Mills, TX 75135

Directions: The address is actually right off of I-30 on FM 1565. Wherever you are in DFW, just get to I-30 on the east side of Dallas and exit FM 1565, then go north 1/4 mile and DKC is on the right. If you use google maps it might not find this address and instead stick you in the dead center of Caddo Mills, TX - several miles from nowhere. Don't ask me how I know this.

What to Wear: A lot of people asked this, so I called DKC before the last event to check. Their only real requirement is "closed toe shoes". Shorts and a T-shirt is OK, and in fact, probably a good idea considering the temperatures we'll likely see. They will provide you with a full faced helmet with shield and a neck brace. If you borrow one of their helmets you have to wear a head sock, which they can sell you for $2 (or you can bring your own).

Several racers brought their own racing helmet, even more brought their "racing shoes", and a few even brought their own race gloves - the last is a little silly looking, but you do have to use a fierce grip on that little steering wheel. If you bring your own helmet it must be a full face design helmet with either Snell M2010 (motorcycle) or SA2010 (car) or newer ratings, and it must have a face shield, to keep bits of rubber and small pebbles from your eyes. If you have a SFI 3.3 "helmet support" neck brace thing (see picture above), sure, bring it. Again, its no cost to borrow one of theirs.

Some folks brought coolers and drinks of their own, which is perfectly OK (we'll have a big "party room" for our use all day) but DKC does have a soda/drink fountain (and hot dogs and other snacks). One $2 cup purchase can be refilled all day - that was easy.

Just a few tips I learned from last time I thought I'd share. Should be fun - see yall on July 24th!
                      Last edited by Fair!; 07-01-2011, 09:34 AM.
                      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

I just want to take a minute to thank everyone who registered, and apologize to those who are on the waitlist. When I set this event up, I expected it to fill up… but not in 6 hours!

Rest assured, I’m looking at ways to accommodate even more people for future events. As always, you’ll hear it here first.

In the meantime, if you’re on the registration list and cannot make it for any reason, please email me. You can contact me by clicking on this link. This way I can remove your name from the registration list and free up a spot for someone else.

Thanks again, and see you on the track!
                        Iain

Comment

Wow! Less than five hours after registration opened, this event is full! Let the smack talking begin.
                          My girlfriend is going to kick everyone's ass.

Including mine.

Comment

Hey everybody!

Just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone that this event is coming up this Sunday! If you're registered, please be there by 8am on Sunday so that we can get the everyone registered and hit the track. The intention is to get the first practice session out by 8:30am. Remember, we've got the entire place to ourselves from 8am to noon!

If you want to come to the event but missed registration, please follow this link to the registration page and sign up for the waitlist. The waitlist works like this: when a spot opens up the first person on the list gets an email with a registration link. They get 12 hours to sign up, then the link times out and the next person on the list gets the same email. So far almost everyone on the waitlist has had a shot at registering for the event! I've got two open spots cycling through the waitlist right now (hint, hint), so don't miss out!

See you at the track!
                            Iain

Comment

Open spots have been filled! See everyone Sunday morning!

Don't forget that Vorshlag and Wes G are providing a free BBQ lunch for everyone! Wes will be towing his smoker in loaded up with brisket, chicken, and sausage (plus all the fixins), so be sure to stick around for trophies and lunch at the end of the last race!
                              Iain

Comment

Working...
                              X