Dallas Karting Complex Race Day - Sat, June 25th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dallas Karting Complex Race Day - Sat, June 25th

UPDATE JUNE 21 – THIS EVENT WILL BE CAPPED AT 42 ENTRIES. That’s the limit DKC feels they can accommodate (14 per run group, three run groups) and still provide the level of service we want. If you show up and you’re not on the above list, you’ll be put on a “waiting list” and only get a spot if someone doesn’t show (unless we have less than 42 on the list).

PRIZES UPDATE: Big thanks to Terry and crew at Vorshlag for chipping in some Vorshlag hats & shirts to the winners of the three main races! Be sure to visit Vorshlag’s website for all your automotive upgrades!

DKC will also be providing trophies to all three main race winners. I’m working on more, so stay tuned!

START TIME UPDATE: Please be there by 9:30 am for registration. I hope to have a quick driver’s meeting and get the first practice group out by 10, so your prompt arrival is appreciated! If you aren’t there by 10, you forfeit your spot on the list!
    Iain

'01 Honda S2000 - extra crispy
    '05 Honda CR-V EX AWD - alphabet soup family truckster
    Always looking for a co-drive...

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

So far I've got:
      • me
      • Jeremy F from hair club for men
      • Ken O from some gutter somewhere
      • Greg S from DFW Auto Club
      • Sean G from DFW Auto Club
      • Alan W from DFWMiata
      • Dave W from DFWMiata
      • Luis A from DFWMiata
      • TJ from DFW Auto Club
      • Alex D from DFW Auto Club
      • Craig F from DFW Auto Club
      • Fazil S from DFW Auto Club
      • Ali S from DFW Auto Club
      • Asim A from DFW Auto Club
      • Mark L from S2ki
      • Tim L (my boss)
      • Sean G from DFWMiata
      • Sean’s buddy Dusty B
      • Zo A from S2ki
      • Roxanne A from S2ki
      • Zain S from DFW Auto Club
      • Marcus T from S2ki
      • Joel T from S2ki
      • Terry F from Vorshlag
      • Amy F from Vorshlag
      • Katie L. form Vorshlag
      • Ed L. from Vorshlag (arch nemesis of Terry)
      • Jud S. form DFW Auto Club
      • Joey R. from DFW Auto Club
      • Forrest W. from DFW Auto Club
      • Ramon L. from DFW Auto Club
      • Corey W. from DFW Auto Club
      • Tim H. from DFW Auto Club
      • Jeff S from WMMFT
      • Shawn C from DFWMiata
      • Gagik F from DFW Auto Club
      • Chad C from DFW Auto Club
      • Winston B from DFW Auto Club
      • Malcolm B from DFW Auto Club
      • Doug C from DFW Miata

40 so far!

UPDATE JUNE 21 – THIS EVENT WILL BE CAPPED AT 42 ENTRIES. That’s the limit DKC feels they can accommodate (14 per run group, three run groups) and still provide the level of service we want. If you show up and you’re not on the above list, you’ll be put on a “waiting list” and only get a spot if someone doesn’t show (unless we have less than 42 on the list).

PRIZES UPDATE: Big thanks to Terry and crew at Vorshlag for chipping in some Vorshlag hats & shirts to the winners of the three main races! Be sure to visit Vorshlag’s website for all your automotive upgrades!

DKC will also be providing trophies to all three main race winners. I’m working on more, so stay tuned!

START TIME UPDATE: Please be there by 9:30 am for registration. I hope to have a quick driver’s meeting and get the first practice group out by 10, so your prompt arrival is appreciated! If you aren’t there by 10, you forfeit your spot on the list!

(list updated 8:00 am June 22)
      Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

So far I've got:
        • me
        • Jeremy F from hair club for men
        • Ken O from some gutter somewhere
        • Greg S from DFW Auto Club
        • Sean G from DFW Auto Club
        • Alan W from DFWMiata
        • Dave W from DFWMiata
        • Luis A from DFWMiata
        • TJ from DFW Auto Club
        • Alex D from DFW Auto Club
        • Craig F from DFW Auto Club
        • Fazil S from DFW Auto Club
        • Ali S from DFW Auto Club
        • Asim A from DFW Auto Club
        • Mark L from S2ki
        • Tim L (my boss)
        • Sean G from DFWMiata
        • Sean’s buddy Dusty B
        • Zo A from S2ki
        • Roxanne A from S2ki
        • Zain S from DFW Auto Club
        • Marcus T from S2ki
        • Joel T from S2ki
        • Terry F from Vorshlag
        • Amy F from Vorshlag
        • Katie L. form Vorshlag
        • Ed L. from Vorshlag (arch nemesis of Terry)
        • Jud S. form DFW Auto Club
        • Joey R. from DFW Auto Club
        • Forrest W. from DFW Auto Club
        • Ramon L. from DFW Auto Club
        • Corey W. from DFW Auto Club
        • Tim H. from DFW Auto Club
        • Jeff S from WMMFT
        • Shawn C from DFWMiata
        • Gagik F from DFW Auto Club
        • Chad C from DFW Auto Club
        • Winston B from DFW Auto Club
        • Malcolm B from DFW Auto Club
        • Doug C from DFW Miata
        • Mike K from DFW Auto Club
        • Mike K’s +1 from DFW Auto Club

That’s 42!

UPDATE JUNE 22 – THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL. If you are still interested in attending, please contact me and I will add you to the waiting list. IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REMOVE YOUR NAME FOR THE LIST AND MAKE ROOM FOR SOMEONE ELSE. Thanks!

(list updated 9:15 am June 22)
        Iain

Comment

UPDATE JUNE 22 – THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL. If you are still interested in attending, please contact me and I will add you to the waiting list. IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REMOVE YOUR NAME FROM THE LIST AND MAKE ROOM FOR SOMEONE ELSE. Thanks!

PRICE: I realize not everyone saw the price in the initial link, so here it is. The price is $60/person for this event. That price includes 3 sessions, helmet rental, and neck brace rental. You may use your own helmet, as long as it is rated M/SA2000 or newer, and full face with an installed face shield. No open face helmets, no full face helmets without face shields. There is no discount if you bring your own helmet.

If you do use one of the rental helmets, you will need to either bring or purchase a head sock.

EVENT FORMAT: Each participant will get three sessions:
          • One practice session
          • One qualifying session
          • One ten lap, rolling start race

Your grid position in the final race will be determined by your fastest lap in qualifying. The top 1/3rd will be in the Championship Race, the middle 1/3rd will be in the Not-So-Championship Race, and the bottom 1/3rd will be in the Driving Miss Daisy Race. Each race winner will receive some prizes and a trophy!

FACILITIES: DKC has a large, air-conditioned club house, complete with large lap time displays. Food and drink are available for sale at the facility, and you can bring your own in. We should have a large private conference room available to leave our gear in.

START TIME UPDATE: Please be there no later than 9:30 am for registration. I hope to have a quick driver’s meeting and get the first practice group out by 10, so your prompt arrival is appreciated! If you aren’t there by 10, you forfeit your spot on the list!

See you on Saturday!
          Iain

Comment

UPDATE JUNE 24 – THIS EVENT IS FULL. There is currently a wait list. IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REMOVE YOUR NAME FROM THE LIST AND MAKE ROOM FOR SOMEONE ELSE. Thanks!

PRICE: I realize not everyone saw the price in the initial link, so here it is. The price is $60/person for this event. That price includes 3 sessions, helmet rental, and neck brace rental. You may use your own helmet, as long as it is rated M/SA2000 or newer, and full face with an installed face shield. No open face helmets, no full face helmets without face shields. There is no discount if you bring your own helmet.

If you do use one of the rental helmets, you will need to either bring or purchase a head sock.

DRESS CODE: Shorts and short sleeves are okay. Closed toe shoes are required (no sandals, flip-flops, etc.) Wear something light and stay hydrated – it’s going to be hot tomorrow!

EVENT FORMAT: Each participant will get three sessions:
            • One practice session
            • One qualifying session
            • One ten lap, rolling start race

Your grid position in the final race will be determined by your fastest lap in qualifying. The top 1/3rd will be in the Championship Race, the middle 1/3rd will be in the Not-So-Championship Race, and the bottom 1/3rd will be in the Driving Miss Daisy Race. Each race winner will receive some prizes and a trophy!

FACILITIES: DKC has a large, air-conditioned club house, complete with large lap time displays. Food and drink are available for sale at the facility, and you can bring your own in. We should have a large private conference room available to leave our gear in.

START TIME UPDATE: Please be there no later than 9:30 am for registration. I hope to have a quick driver’s meeting and get the first practice group out by 10, so your prompt arrival is appreciated! If you aren’t there by 10, you forfeit your spot on the list!

See you on Saturday!
            Iain

Comment

Big shout out to Iain for setting up this event. What a blast!

Gallery of photos and videos: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-E...ng-DKC-062611/

VIDEOS

I'm still working on editing and uploading the massive video file McCall shot of Race Group 1 (the championship race) + the re-running of Race Group 3 that I shot.

PICTURES

We only got pictures from one practice session and two race groups (group 2 & 3), so if we didn't get you - sorry. Next time we'll try to bring someone just to shoot video and pictures. Trying to do that + drive the karts was hectic.

I was glad Amy and I could qualify for the main "Group 1 race", having never been to DKC before and not having done karts in years. I qualified 5th with a 74.063 and Amy qualified 8th with a 74.248. In the actual race I got a "less than stellar" kart (#13) and finished mid-pack, with Amy right behind me. A little sore the next day, and she had some impressive bruises on her rib cage, but that was too much fun - can't wait to do it again!

Congratulations to the three race group winners! Each one got a DKC trophy, Vorshlag hat and Vorshlag/AST polo FTW.

It was good seeing so many DFW racers show up to this event. We've got to do this again!

Until next time,
              Last edited by Fair!; 06-27-2011, 10:55 AM.
              Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
              2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
              EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
              X