Unread 08-13-2007, 07:50 AM
I blame the internet

Default 2006 Evo IX (STU Class)

I'll edit this later to add more content... just wanted to plop this link in here for now:

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/2320744#183260721

Last edited by Fair!; 08-14-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Unread 08-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Mega Poster

Default Re: 2006 Evi Ix

I like it a lot! Can't wait to see the giant wing on Fair's car.
Unread 08-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Mega Poster

I want one!

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
- Dr. Clarkson
Unread 08-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Mega Poster

Can you get me this?

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
- Dr. Clarkson
Unread 08-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Mega Poster

Just go look up www.aprperformance.com. We can order off that.

Last edited by hancheyb; 08-13-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Unread 08-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I love TEIN!!!

And surprisingly enough, MeL actually liked it a lot! I was a bit worried but it's all good. She said it looks meaner now

The APR piece is pretty darn nice, especially for the money, and fits VERY tight. The install was pretty easy and straight forward, even though the APR instructions were a joke. I took my time to make sure everything was fitted correctly and the toughest part was getting the gazillion factory plastic fasteners back on the undertray.

The install: EVO

Tools needed: regular Phillips screwdriver, stubby Phillips, a regular flat head screwdriver, and a friend/helper.

1. Jack the front of the car up giving yourself enough clearance to easily get to the whole front undertray; jackstands please.

2. Take off the complete factory undertray by removing the gazillion plastic fasteners with your regular Phillips screwdriver (don't forget those two under the inspection door).

3. Take off the factory lower front air damn by removing 12 or so gold screws from behind the bumper. Do note that a few of the gold screws you can see hold the front grill on and do not need to be removed.

4. Using the factory gold screws, install the new APR front airdam being careful to align all the holes in the bumper. Note, a few longer screws were needed so make sure you have a few extra on hand. Start at one end and get a few screws started. This is where you will need your friend/helper. Next, with the helper, get the other end on and aligned. The fitment here was VERY tight and required a bit of muscle to get the airdam in its proper place/alignment. Once in place, get a few screws started on this end and then one or two in the middle. After your bumper to airdam alignment looks good, start to install the rest of the screws, all the time making sure your alignment is kept.

5. Re-install the factory undertray using all those factory plastic fasteners, again being careful to line-up/tuck all the holding/alignment undertray tabs with the new airdam. You should re-use ALL the fasteners you took off so if you have a few left over, you forgot something.

That's it. Again, pretty easy. If you take your time, expect it to take about 2 hours total.
Unread 08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
I blame the internet

Default Re: 2006 Evo IX (STU Class)

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/3308277 - Installation instructions are there.