Houston Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Event

I case you didn't know, MeL and I went down to Houston this weekend and ran their local event at GGP. Thanks again for Adam/Kami letting us crash at Kami's Dad's place.

The weather was great and it was a good day to get some testing/set-up practice for the upcoming Tour & Divisional to be held on that site.

Results http://www.houscca.com/solo/results07/07REG04R.TXT

The car felt awesome and I am so happy at how good the car feels out-of-the-box so to speak. The AST coil-overs are awesome so far and the RE-01Rs I think are the tire to have.

On a sad note, we did procede to rip the front SE lip spoiler off the car when trying to load it on the trailer after the event. That pretty much sucked I'll be pulling the reminants off the car tonight and will see what new parts I will now have to order. I also need to re-engineer my trailer loading process and ramps.
    McCall

Re: Houston Event

The RE-01Rs seem to run a bit narrow compared to the Neova's. Any other comments / feedback on them?

Comment

I rode on one run and the stick was impressive
      Adam
      It's not so much the heat as it is the humidity

Comment

Originally posted by GoDog
        I rode on one run and the stick was impressive
        That's pretty much it. Don't get me wrong the Advans felt pretty good but I really like the grip of the B-stones. The next step is to do some DL1 testing at the next event (hint hint VoMo guys). Of course this is in a different car so your experiences my vary
        McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
          That's pretty much it. Don't get me wrong the Advans felt pretty good but I really like the grip of the B-stones. The next step is to do some DL1 testing at the next event (hint hint VoMo guys). Of course this is in a different car so your experiences my vary
          Where's the steel to stick the GPS magnet to?
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
            Steel plate in his head

Seriously... go test this shit so I can buy some street tires and get ready for nationals

Comment

Hey, the truck lid is steel. But of course you have to work around the B.A.W.
              McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                Hey, the truck lid is steel. But of course you have to work around the B.A.W.
                Yeah, that will block out the sun and GPS satellites.
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Yeah, that will block out the sun and GPS satellites.
                  Tape it on the roof?
                  McCall

Comment

What tires were on Chris Stokes' STU M3 at Houston? He ran in their paxed "X" class. Yokohamas still, I presume?

I'd love to see the EVO on the Bridgestones at TMS bus lot against more of the regular STU crowd. When is your car getting fixed, Paul? We should have parts here today to fix the M3's stumbling problem (wiring harness). Could be a nice 3-marque battle in STU this year! Well, if you guys don't find the 150shot of nitrous I am trying to hide. BOOST!

This weekend is BMWCCA at TMS, but we are running the Kumhos with the BMW crowd all year. When's the next TMS event for SCCA... ? Jeez, not till May 6th! Crap.
                    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                      What tires were on Chris Stokes' STU M3 at Houston? He ran in their paxed "X" class. Yokohamas still, I presume?
                      Yup... gotta be up around 75 runs or more by now.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Sweet, McCall family takes 1st and 1st in STU/STU-L ! Awesome!

McCall: "I love hot moms!!!"
                        Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
                        Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Working...
                        X