To go STU or not (2006 Mustang GT)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To go STU or not (2006 Mustang GT)

Will you have the Dunlops on for the Houston Tour? We'll be there in the EVO X and it looks like we've got 11 people in the class so far.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

They will be on. I may have them prior to the next A&M event.
      '06 Mustang GT
      VTPP!!!

Comment

Dunlop's were mounted this past Saturday. Unfortunately, I was unable to run the A&M event so no data to report.

Seat tracks are in and seats have been mounted. I should get some weights and some pictures tonight. From the initial tally I should have shed somewhere around 50-75 pounds with that. Since the car is a daily driver I have a slider on the driver. Passenger side was hard mounted, but with the rules as they are for STU, I need to add a little weight to the seat. So I think I will go ahead and mount this one to the other track.

Lower Cam bolts will be installed this week. Hopefully I can gain the advertised 1* camber with this. Only possible problem is I may have to trim the endlinks. No, I have not yet gotten the aluminum to make some custom endlinks.

The first big test is this weekend. We shall see what the clock says.
        '06 Mustang GT
        VTPP!!!

Comment

I feel I should post a small update here.

The car is sporting some much heavier weight springs now. But is working AMAZINGLY. I do feel that this is now a momentum car. Which is quite strange due to its overall size.

This past weekend I ventured out to the HOUSCCA event. Not many people in STU there, but it was a good day. The car is working better and better each time out. I am trying to get some little things done to it prior to Nationals *headers, maybe a diff*, but with backorders and general life, I do not know how much I can get for it/installed.

I finally feel that the car is a SOLID trophy STU car. However, Im still not convinced that it is a top 3 in class. At least not yet. In theory I should be able to pull a extra 20-30 horses more out of the car, so it could really change immensely on feel and time *thats near 10% difference in power!*

Some PAX action to look at
          http://www.houscca.com/solo/results07/09REG07P.TXT

Here is the overall results:
          http://www.houscca.com/solo/results07/09REG07R.TXT

As a side note. The car is LOW. VERY LOW. It looks good, but normal driveways are now a bit of a chore . Ill try to get some pics up from this weekend.
          '06 Mustang GT
          VTPP!!!

Comment

Wow... 4th in PAX! Nicely done. Not bad for a stock diff and stock power!

(an old picture - it sits lower now)

This weekend you will have a tough field in STU at the Divisional. I will make sure to get some pictures of the car, since you have camera-phobia.
            Last edited by Fair!; 07-06-2009, 04:05 PM.
            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Great job Kent! I have to say 4th in PAX? less than 0.4s off 1st at GGP?? Wow, that is pretty amazing.
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Wow, can't wait to see pictures of this. Also, is there an video from the outside? That would help to see what this thing looks like on course. I want to see how that rear end works around the cones

Comment

This is the "victory lap". Pimpin it, unfortunately, is not the fastest way around!

Hopefully these work!

The link to the album though is here:
                  http://karissasphotoshare.shutterfly.com/1753

Unfortunately, no video. I will have to get some this weekend I guess. Looking at the car, the massive wheel arches give a false look at how low the car really is.
                  '06 Mustang GT
                  VTPP!!!

Comment

Maybe this was already answered previously...

Why are you running STU and not STX? I thought the STX engine limitation was 5.1L.

Comment

Originally posted by rp1 View Post
                      Maybe this was already answered previously...

Why are you running STU and not STX? I thought the STX engine limitation was 5.1L.

Correct me if I am wrong but the 5.1L is for a OHV motor. The Mustang is SOHC that and the diff in the car may also have something to do with it
                      Hunter

Ladies and Gentlemen this is your captain speaking. Please put your collars in the upright and POPed position.

Comment

Differentials are open in STX.

As for engines, the rules say:

"Coupes/Sedans - 4 seats minimum
                        (non-sports car based)
                        Engine Displacement
                        - up to 5.1L normally aspirated or
                        - up to 2.0L forced induction
                        (single turbo/supercharger)."

The OHC/OHV was removed a while ago, I believe. It's still on the Moutons site, which is where most people get their SCCA knowledge from still.

Comment

I can run in STX, but I do have a reason for not.

Given then the car is not proven in either of these classes I have a better feeling about going to ESP than these two. The wheel limit is 9 inch in STX, which is small in comparison to 10.5". And I can change tires and go straight to ESP with no limitation because of the wheels.

Can I go run in STX? Yes. Will I? Eh, I don't know.
                          The car should be a trophy candidate in either though.
                          '06 Mustang GT
                          VTPP!!!

Comment

1. Are you running at Nationals?
                            2. Would/Are you considering a co-driver?

Randall

Comment

Thats what I get tor not reading a rule book
                              Hunter

Ladies and Gentlemen this is your captain speaking. Please put your collars in the upright and POPed position.

Comment

Yes
                                Yes/already setup. He caught me at the beginning of the year and struck a deal. Sorry

SOOOO.......

Should we setup a poll for a what class with the Mustang run in?

For all future potential co-drivers. You may need to provide your own phonebook. Apparently not all people can comfortably see over the dash.
                                '06 Mustang GT
                                VTPP!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X