Evo x stu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo x stu

This is more of a poll than anything else. Who thinks the EVO X will be competitive in STU at the national level? If we can agree that it may not be currently competitive, who thinks that after some further development it will be?

I am asking this question here because I think its one of the best places to ask after the SCCA forums and also because I bought an EVO X one year ago and I am wondering which route I should take to start competing again and be competitive in both Solo 2 and Time Attack.

I appreciate any comments/recommendations you may have.

Thanks!

Re: Evo x stu

Hmmm... I drove one last year and I think not. Too heavy for such tiny tires (my $1.05).

Blast to drive though when it turns

I'd probably look at an SP class as with big wheels / tires it does much better.

Comment

Great street car. Great track car. Autocross.... not so much. Its just too heavy for STU on 245mm tires.

John (previous post) and I got punished last year in an EVO X in STU, and Amy (below) got beat in STU-L by .070 sec.

Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Just wondering if you guys know how wide of a tire you can fit? Hoosier does not make a 265/18", just a 255 and then 275.

Comment

Pretty sure Fair and Hanchey got 285s on it.

Comment

Working...
            X