X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sen-Roy's LT4 Vette track ready For Sale

1996 Corvette, 45,000 miles, red with beige interior
    ZF6, LT4

Car is extremely well sorted, and very fast. It's competitive both on-track, and in autocross. All of thecommon weaknesses for track use have been addressed. It's very dependable and has never left me stranded. The only DNFs I ever encountered (since I bought the car in 2001) were due to tire failures or brake pads wearing outmore quickly than anticipated. In fact, I stopped trailering the car due to my confidence in it. Excepting the center console, the car is in excellent condition, it shows its low miles. The paint isn't show-quality, though, and there are blemishes. The car has been autocrossed so there are also cone marks. The rear interior carpeting was removed because of wind buffeting on track, but I have everything (including the soundproofing) to go right back in. Car istitled in Texas (clear title, no bad history), and registered/inspected. This car was my only car and daily driver from 2001 to 2005. I still street-drive it (commute to work, or weekend pleasure, or to events).

See pictures and videos:

http://www.sen-roy.net/pics/msrh1.jpg
    http://www.sen-roy.net/pics/msrh2.jpg

http://vimeo.com/20860215
    http://www.sen-roy.net/videos/32.mov
    http://vimeo.com/14169293
    http://vimeo.com/13982946
    http://vimeo.com/13982946

Reason for selling: I have a 10-month-old daughter, and even though I never thought it would happen, priorities have indeed changed. I wish to sell the Vette, and my daily driver tow vehicle, and consolidate down to one car I can occasionally track, or an economical daily driver plus a kart. I just don't have the time or financial resources at $300 in fees, over $200 in trailer rental, plus motel costs for every track event, then brakes and tires when needed. Even if I had the money, I find myself feeling very guilty for devoting a weekend to driving instead of being with my daughter… So, my intentions are honorable, and the buyer will get an incredible deal. The amount of time, effort, and money I have spent to get this result is, well, priceless. Here's a list (not necessarily all-inclusive, I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff):

Both red and glass tops, Texas-legal window tinting
    A/C and condenser removed but have all parts and was functioning perfectly when removed
    RaceTech RT1000 driver's seat
    Hardbar race seat bracket (very rigid, seat bolts in hard, adjustable by changing mounting holes, have oem seat and rails as spares)
    Custom 6-point Crow harnesses for both driver and passenger
    Brey-Krause C4-specific harness mounts for both driver and passenger (harnesses clip in)
    Harness bar for shoulder straps (also has camera mount)
    Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel, suede (have oem wheel and airbag as spares)
    Round shift knob
    Three set of wheels, CCW race wheels 17x11.5, Grand Sport replicas 17x11, OEM sawblades 17x8.5/9.5
    Avon street tires on sawblades
    Kumho Ecsta XS on GS replicas
    Kumho V710 with 2/32nds on CCWs
    Both OEM and Wilwood front brakes
    Full set of Aluminum lug nuts, with full set of steel lug nuts as spares
    Wilwood front setup is custom with 13x1.25 Wilwood rotors (instead of usual 13x1.1) and 6-piston 1.25" width calipers (Carbotech XP12 pads)
    J55 front brakes with Raybestos ST-43 pads (work astoundingly well, and that's right, I have 2 full front brake setups and can bolt-on from one to other)
    Two sets rear pads, Raybestos ST-42 and Carbotech XP12, both basically new
    Cooling ducts in air dam with hoses to tie-rods
    Braided SS brake lines at all corners (including brand new front set in box as spares)
    Turn One ps pump with DRM braided hose and oem cooler (zero track issues, all new hoses and also has magnefine filter)
    New front SKF hubs, new rear oem hubs, all with ARP long studs
    New oem rear hub (1) in box as spare, used front oem hubs (2) as spares (with ARP studs), all still trackable
    Z51/Challenge springs (not installed)
    VBP Xtreme springs (1125# fr, 550# rear, on car now)
    Koni Sports (ride surprisingly well, very good for auto-x due to progressive feel and breakaway characteristics)
    Bilsteins (custom-valved, digressive, excellent for high speed track, very sharp yet stable)
    Offset urethane bushings in front lower control arms (-3 degrees negative camber is possible)
    RD-Racing camber brace (not currently installed)
    4 front anti-sway bars, including Addco 1.25" hollow bar (can't find these anymore) and Z51/Challenge bar (very hard to find)
    4 rear anti-sway bars, all different OEM sizes
    DRM rear trailing arm relocation brackets (less anti-squat)
    DRM low camber rod relocation brackets (less jacking effect, not currently installed)
    Rod-end rear camber rods
    Rod-end rear trailing arms (not currently installed)
    New oem front upper control arms (for the new bushings and ball joints) last year
    Complete set of spare rear control arms, with urethane bushings

396:
    Fully prepped block including billet 4-bolt caps and drilled oil mains, .030" over
    Forged steel crank 3.875" stroke with large counterweights for internal balance
    Forged H-beam 6" rods
    Custom JE pistons, very light
    Internally balanced, didn't even need heavy metal
    Aluminum flywheel
    SPEC clutch
    ASP aluminum balancer
    Kevko oil pan (7qt + filter/engine, fully baffled and scraper)
    Blueprinted oil pump with anti-cavitation slots and 70psi spring
    Ported LT4 intake, heads and intake to #777 GMPP gasket, 52mm TB, fresh guides, springs, and seals last year
    Lucas 38# injectors
    OBD-I ecm and cable/software to tune
    Original OBD-II ecm and cable/software to tune (not installed, software very expensive!)
    Fully ported LT4 heads, by Greg Goode, unheard of flow numbers, huge power potential
    2.055"/1.625" valves, .150" longer to use PAC big-block springs with 170 seat, 400 open pressures
    Jesel shaft rockers with custom 3/8" pushrods (extremely stable valvetrain)
    BRE custom cam (made 460rw with different intake, 440rw with LT4 intake, but too radical for daily street use, not currently installed)
    CC custom cam (very small but radical lobes, works great on street and still hangs with a C6 Z06, not yetdynoed so no pwr figures)
    GMPP Extreme Duty timing chain set with Cloyes crank sprocket (less play and timed better)
    CC Magnum hy-roller lifters (with the "good" retainers, no issues)
    Hooker longtubes
    Custom exhaust with 3" X into metallic substrate cats, then neck down to 2.5" Corsa stainless mufflers (one additional bung per side for wideband)
    Oem wp and opti (not reman or 3rd party)
    Taylor 10mm wires
    Tall valve covers with oil separator on both pcv and v/c side
    Setrab oil cooler with Mocal large-capacity adapter and lightweight lines (stays under 230 on track at oem sensor location)
    Dewitt aluminum radiator

I'm asking $13,000 for everything. Continued consulting is free. I might track the car at the May TDE event at MSR-H if it doesn't sell by then, so the Kumho V710 tires might beshot after that, or I might have new NT01s in their place. If you're interested, feel free to come by at the event for a ride, I'm positive you will be very impressed by how sorted and fast the car is.

michael@sen-roy.net
    713-557-2549
    Adam
    It's not so much the heat as it is the humidity

Re: Sen-Roy's LT4 Vette track ready For Sale

Nice car. I'd trade him heads up for my roadster
    McCall

Comment

Somebody buy this before I do (and get a divorce for doing it). You couldn't build a similar car for 5 times the price. I can vouch the cleanliness & meticulousness of Sen-Roy's builds and also his suspension set-up knowledge. This is a screaming deal for what he's including!

This Corvette is going to make somebody VERY happy when they pick it up. Street, track and/or autocross use - all in one package. Having owned a C4 I know how well they can handle/track/drag race in stock form, and he's added all of the right bits to make it so much better. The ZF 6-spd is the best shifting 6-speed manual I've ever drive, as well - its much stronger than the Tremec T56. Those Germans know how to make a real trans when they want to!

I'm twisting ears and arms pointing them to this sale now...
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Yeah... this is definitely a steal. MSR has put a ton of work, research and seat time into this, and it shows when you drive it.

I can't have another car though... not until the M3 is gone.

Comment

Car is no longer for sale. Successfully talked MSR off the ledge

Comment

Apparently he got an offer too quickly and it made him think twice.
            Adam
            It's not so much the heat as it is the humidity

Comment

Working...
            X