Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: August Fasttrack

Originally posted by Fair!
    Man, I want to live in a world where I can fool myself into thining my EVO can make 320 wtq with just air/fuel/spark tuning.
    I bet Jason wishes he could make 320 wtq too instead of the wimpy 280 wtq he is really making. For that matter I wish I could make 320 wtq.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

280, 320... its the new math. Point taken.

OK, I will quit ragging on you guys and your "tuners" but we just have to admit that no one knows what is legal anymore, and with neither of you two tuning your own cars firsthand, you're only taking the word of someone else as to the legality of the cars. Heck, my "tuned" ECM could be wildly illegal (raised rev limit).

Who knows how this whole class will shake out at Nationals. I predict: nothing happens with respect to turbo car tuning and any/all protests will be for visual items like fenders, wings, and other silly crap.
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

I will admit that I do not know with complete certainty that my ECU tuning is completely within the rule set. I do know that I was very specific with the tuner and we discussed certain specifics at length. Those specifics included boost tables, waste gates duty cycles and anything else that would directly influence the boost parameters of the factory turbo. The intention was to be STU legal and the tuner seemed to be familiar with the rule set and how it pertained to tuning ECU's as I was not the first person to make such a request. That being said, I did not personally make the ECU map changes for the car and therefor can not with complete certainty claim compliance.

I know that my rev limit is raised to 7500RPM (stock is 7000RPM). The ECU tables at that RPM range are the same as the 7000 RPM range as there is no ECU output to change them (I hope that made sense).

I do not know either way if the PO420 cel defeat was programed into the base map as I never discussed it with the tuner at that time. He has been unresponsive to email inquiries at this time.

For now I will operate under the assumption that my car is legal to the best of my knowledge until proven otherwise.
        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showt...7263#post47263

Go here to see the possible "fix" for all of these changes and clarificaitons.

I think the turbo and non-turbo guys are getting the shaft now.
          Last edited by Fair!; 07-24-2007, 03:58 PM.
          Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
          X