SCCA Event #3 - TMS Bus Lot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCCA Event #3 - TMS Bus Lot

I fully blame me for my times on Sunday, though not running 3 year old RT215s would not have hurt. The guy with the tech inspector said "215s? I haven't seen those in a long time..."
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
      Hanchey re-posted new front and rear camber numbers in the STi setup thread in this forum. We changed the camber from Saturday to Sunday. Its at the setting you guys said "looked like 6 degrees" at the Pennington event... the numbers are higher than "what everyone on the internet recommends..." so it has to be wrong.

I kid!

And what's up with John Deere avatar McCall?? What changed in the car setup that made it all of a sudden an undrivable plow machine - it seemed to work well with the same exact setup at the previous 3 events where it won the class. I drove it for 1 run at Pennington and the slight push wasn't that terrible (hell, the M3 had the same push at low speeds).

Notice your fastest time was your first run... when you were driving conservatively. Your next 3 runs looked wildly overdriven. Hey, my best was run 2 and I think I had some of the same overdriving issues.

That said, Ronnie with AST did mention some potential for improvement with the rear rebound settings and we revalved another set of rears on Sunday night. Put those on and then quit driving like a crack whore. Don't be like some of us (me included) and immediately blame the car. Mel sure looked fast in it.
      Shocks don't cause cars to have steady plows. That was the first event at TMS for that car (I think). TMS is plow city if you over drive it. Plus you have to drop tire pressures....
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
        "215s? I haven't seen those in a long time..."
        Niiiiiiiice. That'll instill the warm and fuzzies...
        '05 STi
        Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Lots of pictures (246 MB, still uploading): http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/2818319#150933842

Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
            And what's up with John Deere avatar McCall?? What changed in the car setup that made it all of a sudden an undrivable plow machine - it seemed to work well with the same exact setup at the previous 3 events where it won the class. I drove it for 1 run at Pennington and the slight push wasn't that terrible (hell, the M3 had the same push at low speeds).

Notice your fastest time was your first run... when you were driving conservatively. Your next 3 runs looked wildly overdriven. Hey, my best was run 2 and I think I had some of the same overdriving issues.

That said, Ronnie with AST did mention some potential for improvement with the rear rebound settings and we revalved another set of rears on Sunday night. Put those on and then quit driving like a crack whore. Don't be like some of us (me included) and immediately blame the car. Mel sure looked fast in it.
            Haha, I thought the avatar was fitting for my driving (not the car) this weekend. I fully admit that 90% of my problems on Sunday were driver-rated. That being said, I seem to have a big issue with my driving style at TMS and a car with a bit of push definitely doesn't help. I've never been able to go fast there except amazingly enough in the Formula(oversteer queen). Hopefully with the re-valved shocks and a concerted effort on my part to drive smoother, I can work at getting faster on that surface. I'm still thinking a rear spring change (stiffer rate) will lead itself better to my driving style. In that one picture Paul posted you can clearly see the rear inside tire lifting so I know the swaybar is as stiff as I want to go. Again, I'd much rather play catch with the rear end than deal with a constant push.

Boy I'd sure love some practice time on that site...
            McCall

Comment

Working...
            X