2008 Nationals Run Days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Nationals Run Days

Amy had a good first run but some serious cone paranoia. She was much faster on run 2 but coned it away. She took a somewhat conservative 3rd run and slowed two tenths from her second but still good enough for 3rd place. Not having a tire warmer hurt for sure as all of the fast drivers were two driver cars. Still, the East course is all slaloms so we are not too worried...
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz
      I've never experienced Ice Mode problems with E36 ABS. I remember Tunnell used to have troubles with some part of the ABS system getting too hot. Any chance it's something like that?
      I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is. Probably a simple fix. I'll leave it at that. Either way, we need to go through it and flush, inspect and clean everything before the NASA TT in October. Oops, and the TMS road course next weekend. I'll guess we'll be busy (still).

Brian
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

BTW, Terry talked to someone working timing and scoring that 70% of all timed runs had at least one cone. What does that say about the courses?
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

About 70% of my runs contained cones. Hopefully I can make a little better overall showing next year.

Congrats to everyone up there! I looked expectedly at STSL and was waiting to see Amy up top there .
          '06 Mustang GT
          VTPP!!!

Comment

Update after the final day: Amy had major cone problems on East course on her first two runs. Here raw times were about 1 sec off the class winner's pace, but her third run was a "safety" to get a clean run on the books. Of course on her last East course run she drove through a patch of sand slung onto the line by a previous competitor that spun before her (most STSL competitors had a spin - not Amy) but she managed to catch it. It slowed her down a good bit and thus her only clean run was 1.2 slower than her previous scratch time. This dropped her to 4th, the final trophy spot.

Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
            X