Bad Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Day

Well, another morning of going out to find my window busted out. This time on my Talon, the ****ers (excuse my language) also busted out both the windows on my roommates 93 Talon and stole his radar detector. These punks must be somewhere in the neighborhood and apparently all they are after is radar detectors. They stole my V1 in March, and this time my roommates Passport 8500 X50.

Only damage to my car was the broken window, they smashed it out, leaned in, went through the center console and my glove box but didn't take anything. Gauges, Safc in the visor, and stereo in the car (I did have the face place in the house) but my roommates car, he has his afc in plain site under his stereo which did not have the face plate out. Also he had a tool box, timing gun, cd's and other small stuff in the car that they didn't touch.

I feel bad, at least I have full coverage and only had 1 window busted. Roommate has liability only and had both windows busted...this is coming outta his pocket The assholes are looking around our house though, my car was parked in front and the roommates in back in the driveway. I think I need to set up some cameras or something around the house

Anyway....sorry just needed to rant, and also figured this was a good place to post up about the roommates radar detector. If you guys happen to see someone trying to sell a Passport 8500 x50 in blue, please let me know.

Thanks.

Re: Bad Day

Dang, sorry to hear that Amber!

If you do end up getting a replacement V1, then I guess taking it inside along with your stereo face plate will have to be a routine thing.

I'm not a proponent of car alarms as I think they work like jack, but if its 3am and you hear your alarm in your driveway go off, I'm pretty sure that after the first window breakage, the thieves would've scattered. I'd recommend even a cheap one with a 2 stage shock sensor and definitely the LED light. I'm sure these punks cruise and throw stuff at cars and see which ones have alarms, then come back and target the ones that don't.

Web cams are cheap these days, some are even wireless...and some are motion activated - I think it would make total sense to have a good camera - hopefully one that works during night time lighting somehow... unless you just leave the front porch and driveway lights on - on a motion and light activated sensor.

A V1 is $400 and a Passport X50 is $280, plus windows + deductible = a camera would be worth it.....
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Yea at least this time they didn't steal anything from my car, but just the hassle of cleaning up the glass, getting the window replaced and retinted....what a pain!

My talon does have the factory alarm on it, but they just busted the window and leaned in, had they opened the door from the inside the alarm woudl have gone off as the police offer saw when he did it

Believe me, if I do get another V1, it will become habit to bring it in the house with me everytime. I've already changed habits since the white car got broken into, I don't drive the talon very much, but when I get home and park it. Everything is taken out, window shade in, and doors locked. The white car, I don't have anything in it worth stealing unless I leave something in it, which I try no to do....and doors are always locked.

Oh well, you better believe if they ever catch these little shits...they are going to get an ass whooping. The police officer even said to us this morning, he can't wait for the day one of them gets caught and he pulls up to the crime scene to see the punk sprawled out in a pool of his own blood.

Comment

My in-laws had a window busted on one of their cars late last year. These same punks had busted 200 car windows in one night! Used b-b guns.

The cops caught them and arrested their juvie asses... but they couldn't pay for 200 car windows. Didn't hear what happened to the kids, but we haven't had any busted windows since.
        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
          I'm not a proponent of car alarms as I think they work like jack, but if its 3am and you hear your alarm in your driveway go off, I'm pretty sure that after the first window breakage, the thieves would've scattered. I'd recommend even a cheap one with a 2 stage shock sensor and definitely the LED light. I'm sure these punks cruise and throw stuff at cars and see which ones have alarms, then come back and target the ones that don't.

This is almost always high school kids, and (at least in Flower Mound) car alarms are not deterring them. I can't tell you how many times in the last couple of weeks that I have read an offense report where the victim said' "I think it happened about 4:30 am because I heard my car alarm go off, but I didn't go check it. I just went back to bed." The alarm keeps them from stealing anything out of it, but you still have to replace the window, and they just go a couple of blocks down and break into someone elses car.

I used to leave my doors unlocked because I wanted them to open the door and figure out there was an alarm plus nothing to steal. This didn't work either. They broke the window of my unlocked car to steal two CDs. By the time I woke up, figured out what was going on, put on some clothes, and got outside, they were long gone.

Comment

MY friends in high school got busted for breaking car windows with a slingshot. I saw a thing on the news about all the broken car windows on my side of town. Fortunately I was not with them when they did this, nor when they got caught. That tried to get me to sneak out with them though. Yikes!
            -Sean Martin
            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

That sucks Amber.

Just another reason we all need huge garages to park all our cars in overnight
              McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                That sucks Amber.

Just another reason we all need huge garages to park all our cars in overnight
                damn good idea!
                Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

One day.....

I'll come upon a person abusing a child, abusing an animal or vandalizing/breaking into a car. It is going to be ugly.

Sorry to hear ya'lls loss tho...sux.

Costas

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping
                    One day.....

I'll come upon a person abusing a child, abusing an animal or vandalizing/breaking into a car. It is going to be ugly.

Sorry to hear ya'lls loss tho...sux.

Costas
                    When I was about ten I went with my dad to a Safeway to pick up a few things. While standing in line to check out there was a man behind us in line with his little girl. She was maybe four and was crying. He kept yelling at her to stop crying and then he hit her. I mean he hit her, not a spank or swat, I mean a full on open handed hit. I have never seen my dad move so fast. He grabbed the guy by his collar and literally picked him off the ground and said if he ever hit his daughter again he would end him. At the time I about crapped my pants but looking back on it, I have never been so proud of my father.
                    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
                    X