RX-8 Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX-8 Setup

I talked to Mark Sipe last night. I'm trying to figure this one out in my head....RX-8, 265s (really 275s), bigger lighter brakes, 9500rpm redline, lighter than my car....M3 255s, 7200 rpm redline, street car....why am I running a M3 again?? Oh yeah, torque, I have torque. The lists of positives for the M3 are getting shorter and shorter.

The Mazdaspeed RX-8 will be perrrrrrfect. Baby seat fits back there I'm sure.

Last edited by hancheyb; 01-05-2006, 09:59 AM.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: RX-8 Setup

Thus concludes today's episode of "why Hanchey hates his car after he spent many hours and dollars fixing it"...

We need a "Why I hate my car" forum
    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

And I'll make you the moderator. My thermastat housing WHAAAAAAA!
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I want first dibs on Brian's car!
        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
          And I'll make you the moderator. My thermastat housing WHAAAAAAA!
          Well, at least after its fixed I'm happy with it - I only hate it when its broke
          Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

I talked to Mark Sipe last night. I'm trying to figure this one out in my head....RX-8, 265s (really 275s), bigger lighter brakes, 9500rpm redline, lighter than my car....M3 255s, 7200 rpm redline, street car....why am I running a M3 again?? Oh yeah, torque, I have torque. The lists of positives for the M3 are getting shorter and shorter.
            Brand new 2005 RX8 base 6-spds are $23K... on the window, pre-dickering.

If these cars only had 25 more hp and 100 ft-lbs more tq, then we'd all own one. Well, maybe not the AWD boost buggy boys, but they'd get beat by them more often.

I am running my car out of fuel tomorrow in the hopes of weighing the RX8 this weekend with race weight - since you can race this thing with no gas (i.e. "low fuel light" blaring). I'll drive over with the SSRs to get weights with those, too. I hope Teucci saw my "dibs" on one of the Oddessy 925 he's selling - even more weight. Gotta drain the washer fluid...

The Mazdaspeed RX-8 will be perrrrrrfect.
            What's this gonna be, again?
            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

a-ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                a-ha!

BWHAHAHAHA!!! That is awesome!!

Plan on a double RX8 weighing this weekend. Let's see what the leather, sunroof, and aero adds.

As far as the Mazdaspeed RX8, it's still an internut rumor as far as I know. I guess it's suppose to be turbo/supercharged. Probably won't happen.

EDIT- just double checked and a base manual RX8's invoice starts at $25,404 and then add the profit you are comfortable giving the dealer. =
                Last edited by McCall; 01-06-2006, 10:49 AM.
                McCall

Comment

Jason "birthday party" McCall missed out, but I didn't! Weighed my RX8 base 6-spd car today...

Here's the numbers

2005 Mazda RX-8
                  53% front, 47% rear
                  3069 lbs with driver

2005 Mazda RX-8
                  53.5% front, 46.5% rear
                  2866 lbs w/o driver
                  This is totally bone stock + sat receiver, stock 18x8" cast wheels/run flat tires, and 2 gallons of gas (more than race weight). Removed loose change, factory jack, fix-a-flat compressor and lug wrench (there is no spare tire), otherwise it's "As delivered". Stock exhaust is huge/heavy, stock wheels are anchors. Wowsers.

This thing is going to be brutally light in STU when someone maxes out the prep. Thinking 2700 pounds, maxeed out 275's, perfect balance, perfect suspension/brakes, just needs power...

We'll add this data to the newly revamped weights page soon, with other car weights. Shout out to Lil John!

Comment

The fundamental issue I have with jumping ship is the $300/tire price tag to autox a RX-8. Makes me want a AWD car just to keep my tire costs down!!
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Here's the numbers

2005 Mazda RX-8
                      53% front, 47% rear
                      3069 lbs with driver

2005 Mazda RX-8
                      53.5% front, 46.5% rear
                      2866 lbs w/o driver
                      Youser!! Me likey!! Wow, I definitely want to weigh mine this week. Hanchey, you up for that??
                      McCall

Comment

The fundamental issue I have with jumping ship is the $300/tire price tag to autox a RX-8. Makes me want a AWD car just to keep my tire costs down!!
                        Yea, $300/ea for 18" dia 265 Advans is a bit steep... compared to $130/ea 255mm Falken 615s!

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                          Youser!! Me likey!! Wow, I definitely want to weigh mine this week. Hanchey, you up for that??
                          man, special weighing requests? bring that checkbook.

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                            man, special weighing requests? bring that checkbook.
                            hehe, not a problem. Well how much did he charge you?
                            Last edited by McCall; 01-08-2006, 10:17 PM.
                            McCall

Comment

Also, I did get my Enkei RP-F1 18x9.5, 45mm ordered. $1305 shipped to the house. The cheapness of the wheels will offset the more expensive tires for a while. They claim they are 17.2lbs but of course we will confirm that here on Vorshlag. =

Here's a pic of them on a Fair-like car:
                              McCall

Comment

Working...
                              X