Phone : 972-422-7170
Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm CST
Go Back Vorshlag Motorsports Forum > Vorshlag Motorsports Discussions > Event Results and Data Analysis

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:45 AM
I blame the internet

Default Re: DKC's first 4 hour Karting Enduro

Sam,

Thanks for writing this here and elsewhere - I'm glad that you are standing up to this nonsense from the enduro. It sucks how they treated you guys, their best customers, at that event. Nobody that paid their $500 entry was happy about the results situation except the team that was gifted the win, but you guys earned it. I've raised a stink about it online, and hope you don't mind me quoting your old FB post here. This story needs to be shared with anyone that might do any future DKC enduro. I keep writing "DKC Enduro" "DKC Enduro" "DKC Enduro" here so that this thread shows up in Google searches, too.

We were pretty far down in the running order (we think we lost 2 of our laps, but that doesn't mater anymore), but I still cannot stand shenanigans like this - especially when real prizes and a good chunk of entry fee money is on the line ($5500). I personally may never return to DKC after this fiasco, which sucks, because it was a LOT of fun going with friends, large groups, and with the two Vorshlag Karting Challenge events we sponsored there.

Now that Jared is back from his wedding trip maybe he can un-screw this mess, but I doubt it. Just cannot see giving more money to those guys after what they pulled. Maybe if they hired an outside individual or group of semi-professionals to run their enduros then they have a chance at redeeming themselves, but I do not know if certain egos will allow that.

DKC has such a nice track and facility - what a waste.

Quote:
Pole Position Raceway Now Open in Dallas/Frisco

Pole Position Raceway is now open in Frisco, Texas, just outside of Dallas. The high-performance indoor kart track is located at 10550 John W. Elliot, Suite 100, Frisco, TX 75033.

This is the seventh indoor speedway Pole Position Raceway has opened since 2005. The all-new race track is a 50,000-square-foot, climate-controlled entertainment experience filled with exclusive racing memorabilia, state-of-the-art video games, and HD televisions scattered throughout for continuous sports viewing. Most importantly, the facility will also use the company’s state-of-the-art Italian-made, ECO-friendly electric karts. NASCAR Champion Kurt Busch, Supercross Champions Jeremy McGrath and Chad Reed along with ESPN/ABC personality Jamie Little, and X-Games FMX star Mike Metzger are among the celebrities involved with the Pole Position Raceway brand.
Some of my team members from the enduro went and tried out the new indoor karting track, and unfortunately it seems like it has its own potential shenanigans to contend with. Apparently they can slow your kart down remotely, and with two of the owner's sons working there, and driving on track at the same time as customers, some fishy things were already going on. And they are electric karts, which limits the potential for endurance racing there (they talk about enduros on their website). I'll go check out the new place anyway - its closer to me than DKC.

Yea, Ryan said he knew you - its a small world. Says you do a lot of LS1 tuning? That's good to know - we are doing a lot of LS1 swaps into BMWs and might be calling you next time we need some tuning/VATS unlock work done.

Vorshlag project cars: $2010 GRM Challenge E30 V8 + E46 DSP Autox Build + 2011 Mustang GT autox/track car