X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activating an account READ THIS.

Greetings,
    We get several users signing up for accounts on our forum. If you want to read and post here, please send an email from the account you are signing up from to info at vorshlag dot com. We'll activate your account once we see that email.

Thanks,
    Vorshlag Staff
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: Activating an account READ THIS.

Yes, to reiterate... 99% of the new users that sign up to this (and almost any) forum are spammers, bots, etc. The e-mail addresses are usually the big clue, and anything with a "mail.ru" or similar account is automatically deleted. Also, if you use a very pr0n sounding user name, its deleted.

Again, like Hanchey mentions in the post above - SEND US AN E-MAIL if you are a real person, a non-spammer, and we'll look for your account and activate it.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

The spambots have been busy and are loading us up with huge volumes of fake accounts. Its getting harder to weed thru and find potential "real people" that have signed up so again - please e-mail us at sales at vorshlag dot com if you signed up, and let us know who you are and what sign-up name you used.

If you don't e-mail us please don't be shocked when your user account gets flushed down the spam toilet...

Comment

How do I get PM functionality?

Comment

Sorry about the flood of spam accounts lately - I just deleted over 8800 of them tonight and reset permissions so that new users can't post or send PMs.

Comment

88 HUNDRED????

OMG....that's a ton.....

Thanks for the cleanup tho!

Costas

Comment

vBulletin update!

Dec 31, 2008: After having 100+ Spambot users added daily for the past month, with some of them finding a way to post before being verified, we've finally updated the vBulletin version to the latest and greatest (it was only 3 years out of date) and the errant posts should diminish greatly. We also added a new Admin (Redwood) and are imposing the latest security checks for new account setup now.

If you notice a Spambot post please PM me (Fair!), Hanchey (hancheyb), or Redwood and we'll squash it ASAP.

Thanks!

Comment

Jan 5th, 2009: Looks like after several vBulletin updates, a shot of penicillin, and some hard work by HancheyB and Redwood, we have cleared out the SpamBot problem on the Vorshlag Forums. We went from 100+ fake registrations and ~5 spam posts a day to -0-. We're still scrubbing the member list, user by user, but I think the fake accounts and spammers have been completely purged.

As usual, if you see a spam post please PM me, Redwood, or HancheyB.

Thanks!

Comment

I cant believe what you go through with all the spam, but I'm sure glad to read all the great info about mustang parts and setups. I ordered the Vorshlag assembled damper, spring and caster/camber plate. I will order the Whiteline swaybars and control arms very soon. I wondered about the price of 18x11 inch Forge Star wheels for my 2011 mustang, future purchase. Keep up good work ! Arnie A.

Comment

Working...
                  X