No announcement yet.

Fair's '95 BMW 325i - the Red Bullet!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fair's '95 BMW 325i - the Red Bullet!

Red Bullet II - sans sunroof, nice
    Adam
    It's not so much the heat as it is the humidity

Comment

Originally posted by GoDog View Post
      Red Bullet II - sans sunroof, nice
      Thanks for the lead on that car, BTW. I just got the VIN from the owner and he's faxing me the title later this morning. Should have the deals on this '99 323i and the '01 E46 330Ci, wrapped up this week. Then I'm coming to Houston in the Red Bullet, and hopefully driving two E46 cars back.
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Depending on the day if you need help I'm on vacation this week.

Comment

Saturday morning I was up at the butt crack of dawn... like 6:30 am. I couldn't sleep, knowing what we had in store for the rest of that day. At 11 am the Alpha car buyer was to arrive, and I was really getting emotional about that car leaving the Vorshlag fold. Two new E46s were also being picked up in Houston hours later, and the Red Bullet was also going to a new home (our own Adam F), also in Houston. I used my early rise and truckloads of nervous energy to clean up the Red Bullet one last time...

I was just going to wash it but ended up spending 2+ hours clay-barring large sections of the car, and all sorts of crap in the paint just glided away... The Alpha car's buyer was running an hour late so I kept at it and detailed the tires, cleaned & polished the windows, filled all the fluids and checked the tire pressures. It was good to go for a 4 hour trip to Houston.

The body panels that I focused my elbow grease on looked better than ever before. Of course you don't see the dent in the trunk, the primered RR door, or peeling clear coat of the roof in these two views, but you get the idea. It was looking pretty good, considering the price is was selling for.

The Red Bullet will be missed. Luckily the E46 "RB2" was already super clean, so I don't have to kill myself trying to get it pretty. Only an hour spent under the hood and it was officially Fair Clean.

Via con dios, Red Bullet!
          Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
          X