View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2017, 11:01 AM
I blame the internet

Default Re: Vorshlag Budget TT Build: Project DANGER ZONE

Project update for April 27, 2017: Not much to share for the past few months. We've tidied up a few loose ends and put the car for sale on an eBay auction. Let's catch up.

FINAL UPDATES + SPARE PARTS

After my last post I had the crew finish up a few things that weren't 100% perfect. One of the false floors was re-done in aluminum and it now looks great.

One of my guys re-fixed the oil pan gasket and its finally perfect. Brad did a final clean-up on the Corvette and then I towed the car to my home shop, where it has been resting...

There it has stayed while I got busy doing other things. We also found a lot of spare parts for the car when we moved it out of Vorshlag: new brake lines, belts, hoses, weatherstripping, a poly suspension bushing kit, and spare rotors, calipers, and another matching set of 17x9.5" SSR wheels. It all goes with the car!

Last year I had put up a classified ad on the Vorshlag website, then we moved our website and all of the old links went away. I finally re-did that last week and made a Cars for Sale page as well - which has several Vorshlag cars (some completed and some "donor chassis") as well as a few customer cars we built.

7 DAY EBAY AUCTION

I wasn't in a huge hurry to sell the car as I was still unsure about our other shop race car's future - this 2001 BMW 330Ci. It was struggling to win in 2016 and I had some doubts as to its ability in TTD class for 2017...

Well we finally spent the time needed to add power to this BMW and in 2017 it has been breaking TTD track records each time it goes out. Still 2+ seconds off the TTC Corvette's times, but that's to be expected. So since we had a a new "record breaker" we just recently decided to step up the selling game on the C4.

Yep, today is a big day on project #Dangerzone - I just launched the 7 day eBay auction. Low reserve, lots of bids in the first few hours. We'll see how this goes.

Also have my house for sale (need more land to build a bigger shop on) - which is another thing that has been keeping me busy for the last couple of months, long with launching a 2nd business and running Vorshlag.

Long story short - if you have anyone you know that might want this beautiful race car, please send them the auction link! Its legal for Vintage racing this year, too. I will update this thread after the auction ends.

Thanks,

Last edited by Fair!; 04-27-2017 at 11:48 AM.