View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2010, 01:26 PM
I blame the internet

Default Re: Vorshlag 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 - auto-x/track build

Quote:
Originally Posted by altiain View Post
Terry,

The RX-8 uses the same 5x114.3 bolt pattern, and can fit 18x10 wheels pretty easily. SSR made a set of 18x10 or 10.5 +42 (??? i think) Comps at one point - Sipe had a set on his STU RX-8 back in the day.

If the brake clearance issue is radial clearance, good luck with the RPF1. Those wheels are super light and strong for their size due to the barrel design, but that same issue means they usually size for brake clearance like a wheel 1" smaller in diameter (i.e., an 18" RPF1 will have radial clearance like most 17" wheels, etc.)
Mazda uses this same pattern, that figures. It seems all 5 lugs are this size, except GM and Porsche.

Sipe has an 18x10.5" SSR, eh? Hmm... can you find out more? Size and backspacing? I don't have Sipe's contact info, and with him being in STX... don't know if he'd want to share. Not like we'll be a threat, but you know.

I asked McCall what he had on his RX8... he can't remember. It was an RPF1 and we think it was an 18x10 or 18x9.5"? He's going to go back and see if he can find out.

Thanks,