North Texas 2012 Autocross + Time Trial schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Texas 2012 Autocross + Time Trial schedule

In trying to iron out our 2012 Race Calendar, which we'll run in the 2011 Mustang (autocross + TT) as well as our 2001 BMW E46 330 (TT), I have gathered up the various Texas autocross, Time trial and some other events + the National Championship events for NASA and SCCA. Here's what I have so far - will update as more schedules are published.

SCCA Texas Region Solo (venues not yet listed)
    • March 10, 2012 - Vorshlag Open House + SCCA annual tech... this rocked!
    • March 11, 2012 - SCCA Solo # 1... 2nd and 5th in STX!
    • April 1, 2012 - SCCA Solo #2
    • May 20, 2012 - SCCA Solo #3
    • June 23, 2012 - SCCA Solo #4
    • July 8, 2012 - SCCA Solo #5
    • August 19, 2012 - SCCA Solo #6
    • September 23, 2012 - SCCA Solo #7
    • October 21, 2012 - SCCA Solo #8
    • November 4, 2012 - SCCA Solo #9

Texas Area National Tours + ProSolos + Nat Championship (or close)
    • March 16-18, 2012 - SCCA Sun Belt National Tour, College Station, TX
    • April 20-22, 2012 - SCCA Pro Solo, Mineral Wells, TX
    • May 25-28, 2012 - SCCA "Spring Nationals" - National Tour + Pro Solo, Lincoln, NE
    • August 30-31, 2012 - SCCA Pro Solo Finale, Lincoln, NE
    • September 4-7, 2012 - SCCA Solo National Championships, Lincoln, NE

NASA Texas Events
    • Jan 28-29, 2012 - Motorsports Ranch Houston. HPDE, Time Trials, Racing
    • Mar 17-18, 2012 - Motorsports Ranch Cresson. HPDE, Time Trials, Racing
    • April 28-29, 2012 - Texas World Speedway. HPDE, Time Trials, Racing
    • May 12-13, 2012 - Grand Sport Speedway. HPDE & Time Trials Only
    • June 9-10, 2012 - Hallett Summer Shootout. Time Trials & Racing Only
    • June 30-July 1, 2012 - Harris Hill Road. HPDE & Time Trials (no points) Only
    • September 6-9, 2012 - Mid Ohio Sports Car Course. Time Trial & Racing National Championships
    • September 22-23, 2012 - Hallett (with NASA Central). HPDE, Time Trials (no TX points), Racing (no TX points)
    • October 6-7, 2012 - Eagles Canyon Raceway. HPDE, Time Trials, Racing
    • Nov 10-11, 2012 - NOLA Motorsports. HPDE, Time Trials, Racing

PCA Maverick Region (Dallas) - 2012 Time Trials
    • Time Trial #1 March 17, 2012 MineralRing
    • Time Trial #2 May 26, 2012 MineralRing
    • Time Trial #3 June 16, 2012 MineralRing
    • Time Trial #4 September 8, 2012 MineralRing
    • Time Trial #5 September 29, 2012 MineralRing
    • Time Trial #6 October 14, 2012 Motorsport Ranch
    • Time Trial #7 December 8, 2010 MineralRing

Other Events To Attend
    • February 17-19, 2012 - Pro-Touring.com - Run to the Alamo - Autocross, Speed Stop + Time Trial. Harris Hill Road. San Marcos, TX. Registration is up!
    • March 15, 2012 - TX2K12 - Time Trial - MSR Houston
    • July 20-22 - Grassroots Motorsports UTCC - Time Trial @ VIR

edit: Removed these FFW events from our 2012 event list, because they aren't going to have the autocross events on those weekends unless they can secure a "title sponsor" for that add-on event. The cost? Only $6500 per event and that could be YOU! It damn sure won't be me.

So it looks like once again we're double-booked for the SCCA and NASA Nationals (+ the Ennis Fun Ford Weekend event, which we still might try to hit). I swear that SCCA and NASA do this on purpose - it happens damn near every year. It makes it IMPOSSIBLE for vendors to support both series. Other than that the NASA MSR-C and College Station Nat Tour are also on the same weekend, so we have got to choose one to skip. Looks like all of the regional Solo events miss the NASA dates nicely, though.

A friend of mine is building a car for this, so I might co-drive in a couple of CrapCan races. I'll list the Texas events just for grins:

Chumpcar World Series (Texas)
    • March 3-4, 2012 - EAGLES CANYON RACEWAY - Double-7 hr Endurance Races
    • May 19-20, 2012 - TEXAS WORLD SPEEDWAY - 24-Hour Endurance
    • October 20, 2012 - HARRIS HILL RACEWAY - Double-7 hr Endurance Races
    • December 8-9, 2012 - TEXAS WORLD SPEEDWAY - Double-7 hr Endurance Races

Lone Star BMWCCA
    • April 28-29 - HPDE + Race - MSR-C (Full Course)
    • October 21-22 - HPDE + Race - MSR-C

More soon,
    Last edited by Fair!; 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: North Texas 2012 Autocross + Time Trial schedule

We need to be at NASA, Grand Am and SCCA that week. Nice eh?
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb View Post
      We need to be at NASA, Grand Am and SCCA that week. Nice eh?
      Well, you'd "only go to the NASA Nationals to fix your broken crap!"

(hehe... this was a quote from some troll on a forum. AST/Moton was at the NASA Nationals in 2011 to support racers - and took grief for it! You cannot please some haters. They actually fixed several non-AST shock at the event, too)

I'm truly stumped as to what to do about NASA vs SCCA Nats, for Vorshlag. We've missed the NASA Nats multiple times because of their scheduling conflicts with SCCA Nats. And I've got this Fun Ford Weekend that weekend as well, which I really need to be at. I'm going to leave my options open until the run order is posted for SCCA, then see how it goes.

For AST/Moton, wow, 3 places at once that you really cannot miss. That's a tough call. You've got a lot of racer customers at NASA & SCCA Nats series + racers and sponsor obligations at GRAND AM. Maybe if one of your guys flew into Lincoln and we picked them up, they could work out of our trailer for SCCA and run around after the daily events with us? (truck) Then your regular 2 man crew at GRAND AM out of that trailer, then tow the AST trailer to NASA with some clones or robots. Easy!

Yea, that's one crazy week.

Comment

That's right! We won't have any broken stuff so we won't have to go to NASA.
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Looks like my assumption of the SCCA Solo Nationals sticking to their traditional Tues/Wed + Thur/Fri run format was incorrect. It appears as if the SCCA is running Nats on Sun/Mon and Tues/Wed... so that means you could potentially run the Solo Nationals and the NASA Nationals - with minimal travel time between Topeka and Mid-Ohio!

Comment

Here is one for you Terry... I went last year:

Just released the 2012 Information on the 2nd annual Ford-Mustang-Roundup
            http://www.racemph.com/Ford-Mustang-Roundup-2012.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Fair! View Post
              Looks like my assumption of the SCCA Solo Nationals sticking to their traditional Tues/Wed + Thur/Fri run format was incorrect. It appears as if the SCCA is running Nats on Sun/Mon and Tues/Wed... so that means you could potentially run the Solo Nationals and the NASA Nationals - with minimal travel time between Topeka and Mid-Ohio!
              Woohoo!
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston View Post
                Here is one for you Terry... I went last year:

Just released the 2012 Information on the 2nd annual Ford-Mustang-Roundup
                http://www.racemph.com/Ford-Mustang-Roundup-2012.htm
                I might have to make this one. Were you the "Top Wrangler" Scheier??
                Last edited by hancheyb; 01-20-2012, 10:20 AM.
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb View Post
                  I might have to make this one. Were you the "Top Wrangler" Scheier??
                  Nope. I was on street tires whereas all the other cheating bastards showed on Hoosiers. I won't make that mistake again (although I did have the fastest auto-x run until the other dude on hossiers made his 8th run )

I also wasn't eligible for wrangler as I did not compete in the drag race...I was partaking in the beer drinking...so I couldn't play.

Great track and amazing hospitality!
                  Last edited by John in Houston; 01-22-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Yet ANOTHER EVENT that ya'll may want to look into really quick.... only 50 slots available at Harris Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston View Post
                      Yet ANOTHER EVENT that ya'll may want to look into really quick.... only 50 slots available at Harris Hill.
                      Is this just an HPDE? $150 for the day isn't bad, and 50 slots keeps it from getting too crowded. Dang, I'm already committed to be running there 2 weeks later...

Comment

Originally posted by Fair! View Post
                        Is this just an HPDE? $150 for the day isn't bad, and 50 slots keeps it from getting too crowded. Dang, I'm already committed to be running there 2 weeks later...
                        Too bad my car will be in Michigan.
                        Brian Hanchey
                        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Just got the tip (thanks Nathan) that PCA finally got their 2012 TT and Autox schedule up. Its in the first post in the thread, but also linked here.

If we're not too burned out after Nationals the Oct 14th TT at MSR is on my list. October is going to be a busy race month...

Comment

Working...
                          X