Clear All

• FS - 1991 BMW 318is - Denver, Co.

Yes, this is the ex-Teucci-mobile

1991 BMW 318is
    VIN: WBAAF9317MEE66660
    Mileage: 160,000 (approx)

Color: Alpine White
    Interior Color: Pearl Beige

For sale is my 1991 BMW 318is, a vehicle once described as the “Poor Man’s M3”. We found this car in Houston last May and I drove it home to Colorado without any issues. The car has lived its life in Texas and Arizona and is a completely rust-free example.

This vehicle is very well maintained and mechanically in very good condition. Has the typical 318is oil drip from the front of the engine. Both pan gaskets and oil filter gaskets (and many others) have been replaced. The leak looks to be coming from the front crank seal.

Body shows typical dents and dings for a 21 year old car. Clear coat is peeling on the driver’s front fender and a portion of the hood. The car had been involved in a parking lot altercation many years ago which lead to the fender being replaced. The replaced fender (DOT-R) is where the clear coat is peeling. There is absolutely zero frame damage or any other structural issues with this car.

New Parts last 3 months:

• A/C Compressor
    • A/C Dryer
    • Starter
    • Fuel lines in engine compartment
    • Injector O-rings
    • Windshield
    • Brake lines
    • Rear Differential Bushing

New parts over the last year or two:

• Power Steering Lines
    • Vacuum lines (all lines under the intake)
    • Radiator
    • Water pump
    • Cooling hoses
    • Tie-rods
    • Control Arms
    • Brake lines
    • Is Front Spoiler
    • Brake Pads
    • Brake Rotors
    • 4.10 Limited Slip Differential
    • Windshield
    • Window Tint
    • Hella H4 and H1 Headlights
    • Yokohama Tires

The car rides on Bilstein sport shocks (yellows) with H&R springs (about 2 years old). 5-speed shifts very well with a Z3 shifter and all new shifter bushings. Wife drove it at the 2011 PCA Ladies Day at High Plains Raceway and had a blast!

Interior is in very good condition with only the driver’s seat having heavy wear. It isn’t torn, and doesn’t have holes, but the ‘leatherette’ on the bolster has separated from the lining. Dash has cracks. The sunroof works perfectly and does not leak. All options work with the exception of the rear defroster and the odometer (gear disintegrated). We also added remote locking (Omega Research).

Car is extremely reliable and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. This car has been my wife’s daily driver for the last year, including all winter. With the LSD and a set of winter tires (and a bag of tube sand), the car handled very well in the snow.

Asking $4,500. Reasonable offers considered. Low ball offers not appreciated.

Re: FS - 1991 BMW 318is - Denver, Co.

Mileage should read 170,000 (approx)

Original Sale Posting
    Last edited by John in Houston; 07-13-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Photos
      Attached Files

Comment

Photos 2
        Attached Files

Comment

SOLD!!!!

Within 15 minutes of posting on Craigslist a young guy called me. Within an hour of that he was here with his Dad. Car was sold pretty much right then and there. First car for this guy... should be a blast!

Comment

Dang, that's impressive! Lucky guy.
            -Sean Martin
            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Working...
            X