Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tahrs....Tahrs is what wins races...

Mkay..
    So how are all of you searching easily for tire data? Tire Rack does not carry all brands, but I like their site. But I want to search ALL TIRES.

So...does some geek/nerd/racer out there have a huge matrix where you can find who makes what in what size (or close size) and with UTQG and street price?

We have the internetz...this should be easier...

Costas
    cars and such...

Re: Tahrs....Tahrs is what wins races...

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping View Post
    Mkay..
    So how are all of you searching easily for tire data? Tire Rack does not carry all brands, but I like their site. But I want to search ALL TIRES.

So...does some geek/nerd/racer out there have a huge matrix where you can find who makes what in what size (or close size) and with UTQG and street price?

We have the internetz...this should be easier...

Costas
    cars and such...
    We tend to use TR's website for the common stuff they sell (90% of it) and go to tire manufactures' websites for the ones they miss (lots of "N/A" info, esp. for tread width) or for the tires they don't carry.

If you're looking at 140-200 TW tires (ST category) you pretty much you want to stick with Dunlop Z1 star spec, Toyo R1R (140 TW), Bridgestone RE11, Hankook RS-3, Yokohama AD08, or Falken RT615K (new). TR has all of that listed except the Toyo.

Go to TR, choose "tires by brand", pick one of the brands/models you want to check, and then "specs" tab lists all the tires sizes available in that tire model, with all of the relevant stats (except price -that's under "sizes and pricing" tab).

If LeMons is stuck with 190+ TW you're kinda screwed... lots fewer choices.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Yup, for LeMons it has to be 200 or more.

The Direzza and Azenis are the tire most folks use but they dont come in man sizes in 16" so....blech.

Guess we could drop down to a 225.50.16 for the direzza, but I really like the 245.45 footprint...which means Yok ES100 ($$) or the goodyear gsd3 ($$$$$$$).

ug.

Costas
      cars and such...

Comment

And not that you need MORE projects, but if a vendor had a website that had a matrix (basic spreadsheet) of ALL performance tires globbed together and searchable, that might be a cool traffic generator.

(nudge nudge wink wink)

Costas
        cars and such...

Comment

Working...
        X