Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New LOWER prices on select AST 4100 models!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LOWER prices on select AST 4100 models!

We've got some exciting news from AST-USA to pass along... Effective April 1st, 2010, AST has lowered the retail price on certain 4100 models, including the following:

Left: AST 4100 struts for BMW E90 and E46 chassis. Right: AST 4100 kit for E36 with springs and optional camber plates and shock mounts

Let that soak in for a minute... you can now buy real deal AST monotube adjustable coilovers for the same prices as many twin tube coilover kits. No more dreaming of "some day" owning good shocks, no more settling for cheap shocks, you can get it done now. Also, as of Jan. 2010, all AST 4100 shock kits are sold with springs (and ride height adjusters, if applicable), so this newer price includes springs.

The included spring package includes the parts above for BMW E46 and E36

The spring rates included with all AST 4100s now are what Vorshlag specified before as the optional "GTS" spring package - the middle package (GT, GTS, GTR) that 90% of our customers had chosen before. How was this price drop possible, and why only on these models? For one, by including springs with the shocks (which 95% of all AST customers purchased, back when they were optional), cost savings could be had by buying springs in bulk. Also, these 5 AST 4100 models were the highest volume sellers in the North American market, and LARGE quantities have been committed by AST-USA and its dealers (of which Vorshlag is one).

AST 4100 shocks and springs for Subaru GD STi

Let's look at an example the savings with the new prices:
    • BMW E36 4100 shocks with springs = old price $2549
    • BMW E36 4100 shocks with springs = new price $1899
    • That's a price drop of $650

Please - go compare these new prices to just about any name brand coilover kit on the market, and its a heck of a deal... again, these new prices are cheaper than some twin tube shocks. Vorshlag camber plates and either spherical or rubber Rear Shock Mounts, as well as RSM reinforcements, are optional and available - but you can reuse the stock front strut mount if you want (but you want adjustable camber - trust me).

I will answer questions in this thread, and add additional AST models as they are included in this new pricing scheme.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Fair!; 04-01-2010, 09:44 AM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: New LOWER prices on select AST 4100 models!

sweeet
    99 AW M3

Comment

I was waiting to post this until I got confirmation - which we we just received...

Competitive cars need doubles - AST 4200s are on all of my personal BMWs

AST has lowered select AST 4200 kit prices as well:
      These prices include springs as well. The AST 4200 double adjustable monotube is my personal favorite shock kit, and what I have on my personal E36 M3 and E46 330. The very first set of 4200 ever made (2007) are still on our E36 M3, which has twice won and twice trophied at the SCCA Solo Nationals. The set on my E46 is helping set NASA track records and scoring wins in solo as well.

Left: AST 4200 kit for BMW E36 with optional plates/RSMs. Right: AST 4200 kit for BMW E46 with optional plates/RSMs.

Again, a quick look at the price drop
      • BMW E36 4200 shocks with springs = old price $3329
      • BMW E36 4200 shocks with springs = new price $2899

AST 4200 kits come with AST rear ride height adjusters, spring alignment platforms, Hyperco springs and you choose the rate. We have three spring rate kit suggestions available on our website.

AST 4200 shocks have both rebound and compression knobs, for independent adjustment of these damping parameters. There's never a tool or removable knob needed to adjust ASTs - knobs are included and permanently attached. No hoses or reservoirs saves mounting hassles, lots of money, and class bumps/points in certain sanctioning bodies. BMW E36 and E46 rear 4200 shocks include threaded aluminum bodies and can be converted to true coilovers, with optional components (see above, left).

Thanks!
      Last edited by Fair!; 04-01-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Quick update on AST 4000 availability, even more new features, and the upcoming 4210. These are all pictures we've taken here in the last week - so other AST dealers, please take your own. :stickoutt

Lots of AST 4100 kits for BMW E36 are now in stock. All E36 kits now come with Hyperco springs, once again

First, after a massive amount were sold in April and May, due largely to the new lower pricing, the 4100s are back in stock for the E36 and E46 BMWs, and the E90/E82s never ran out. AST-USA received a massive supply last week and we've been busy fulfilling backorders and this is the first minute I've had to update folks. We've got a lot in stock here at Vorshlag, along with the accompanying Vorshlag camber plates for all models. Subaru GD and GR are also back in stock.

Next, there are a small number of improved features on this production batch. Pictures help, so let's start there:

As you can see from the detail pictures on the E36 front strut, the swaybar bracket for the BMWs has been tweaked again. The adjustable height swaybar endlink mounting bracket (which precludes the need for adjustable length end links) now has the mounting face perpendicular with the circumference of the bracket itself. It also has a pair of locking spanner rings to keep it in place without the need for a clamping bolt any more. Just lock the spanner rings (above and below) the swaybar clamp to keep it in place.

The last changes we noticed were the new labels for the front struts (LF and RF - taking out a tiny bit of guesswork) and a flat machined onto the end of the adjuster rod. This gives the rebound adjuster knobs' set-screw a flat place to clamp to, also making it easier to keep in place with less torque.

There is also a new fill plug arrangement on the E36/46/82 rear shocks. You can see that in the rear shocks shown below. These are some updated AST 4100 kit pictures for the BMW E90/E82 chassis.

AST 4100 kit for E82/E90 non-M with E92 M3 rear control arms

The "eye" lower on the rear shock is made to fit the E92 M3 rear control arms. Note the new fill plug assembly at the bottom of the rear shock.

This unique AST 4100 kit shown above has a new part number, and is built for those guys that want to run the E90/92 M3 rear control arms (it has the same price, however). The M3 control arm set-up allows for slightly better rear geometry and moves the rear shock from a "pin" style lower mount to a bolt-thru "eye" style lower, as seen above. This is different than the normal "pin to pin" rear shock on the E82/E90 non-M kit.

There's also a true E90/92 M3 kit in production and I'll post pictures of that set-up soon. Its being tested by one of BR Racing's customers with a unique set of ASTs and Vorshlag camber plates on an E92 M3. The front struts made for the M3 are not just regular E46 struts with an adapter sleeve slapped on them, like several shock suppliers are trying to get away with, but a real honest-to-goodness uniquely machined AST strut body that has the same body diameters and steps as the OEM E90/92 M3 struts.

Lastly, here's the production ready 4210. Its just an iPhone4 "spy pic" I took at the AST facility last week, and this first pair of shocks is being tested on an E46 M3 there this week. As I stated in my May 23rd post, these have an enlarged nitrogen chamber and larger diameter floating piston, which improves nitrogen volume and total shock travel. These will start showing up soon for the NC chassis MX5 (Miata) and the BMW E30 rears, which allow the 4200 to work better on those travel limited applications. The first two E30 4210 test sets are being built for us to use on some club racers cars that are testing these for us.

Thanks,
        Last edited by Fair!; 07-19-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X