Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these wheels off the Cobb Conebasher?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these wheels off the Cobb Conebasher?

Bought a set of Kodiaks locally and someone on Nasioc thought they might be off the old Cobb Conebasher Solo car. Does anyone know what happened to the car? Can they identify the wheels?

They are Kodiak S-5 Billet Racing Wheels. These are all 18x10 with a 5x100 pattern and approximately 63mm centerbore. Two have a backspacing of 7.25" which is about a 46mm offset. The other two have a 6.25" backspacing which is about a 20mm offset.

Re: Are these wheels off the Cobb Conebasher?

Nevermind - A search of Nasioc found that the Cobb Conebasher had about an inch shallower backspacing than these wheels.

Comment

Wheels look good regardless...

What are they going on? Spill it!
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair! View Post
        What are they going on?
        They're going on the market!

I might buy a Subie, but not one that takes 5x100 AND an 18x10 wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by modernbeat View Post
          They're going on the market!

I might buy a Subie, but not one that takes 5x100 AND an 18x10 wheel.
          Ah...PAGING PAUL!!!
          McCall

Comment

Oh snap... that wheel might be perfect for the '93L that Brianne sold to Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair! View Post
              Oh snap... that wheel might be perfect for the '93L that Brianne sold to Paul.
              I thought he was swapping to late STi hubs? If he is, then his bolt pattern will be 5x114, not 5x100.

Comment

I did swap to 5x114 hubs. Got wheels already (at least one set so far).
                '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Turns out these ARE the wheels off Conebasher. Got a call from Plano PD! They were apparently stolen from the Cobb trailer along with lots of tools and tires. They're on their way back to Cobb for positive ID. I'm out a few bucks, but hopefully this will put the police on the trail of whoever took them.

Comment

Originally posted by modernbeat View Post
                    Turns out these ARE the wheels off Conebasher. Got a call from Plano PD! They were apparently stolen from the Cobb trailer along with lots of tools and tires. They're on their way back to Cobb for positive ID. I'm out a few bucks, but hopefully this will put the police on the trail of whoever took them.
                    Whoa! That sucks for you, but good for COBB if they can track down that dirtbag that ripped them off. I assume you had solid contact info for the person that sold them to you??

Comment

So what ever happened with these wheels/police inquiry??? Did they get a bust on those dirty thieves that took the COBB trailer???

Comment

Don't know.

I turned them onto the shop where I bought the wheels, but the detectives asked me not to contact the shop and tip them off. I called the detective last week to see if there were any developments, but they didn't or couldn't talk about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X