Cars & Coffee car show, Sept 26, 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars & Coffee car show, Sept 26, 2009

Me and my nephew Chandler went to the September Cars & Coffee event. We took the Alpha car to show it off - to try to help sell it, with fliers on the windshield. The car ran, looked and sounded better than ever before! Really hate to see this car go...

Big thanks to Matt and Dave for helping me clean up the car and pump fluid into the trans (why is this always such a messy job?!) on Friday. Been working on it off and on for the last week but still left a little bit to do this morning (which turned into 2 hours worth of work!). Somehow we still made it to the show by 8:30. C&C is getting crowded, earlier and earlier - had to park on the outside end of a row to get a spot.

The car now has the new TR6060 transmission and shortened driveshaft as well as a new shifter arrangement. Everything worked perfectly after ~6 weeks of being apart - hooked up the battery, it fired right up and drove onto the trailer. We trailered it near the car show and then drove it in.

Chandler had a good time and hammed it up for the pics

The crowd really liked the car and kept it covered most of the morning. It was the loudest car there, me thinks, and I tried to keep it under 1500 rpm the entire time we were inside the show. When we left we put on a nice audio display, though...

Pimp my riiiiiiiiiiiiiide yo!

More pics here: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Car-Show.../9759564_BTFTd

Good times...
    Last edited by Fair!; 09-26-2009, 12:41 PM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: Cars & Coffee car show, Sept 26, 2009

Here are My Cars & Coffee photos
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

So....I was at RUF Autocentre last week. They said they hope to have their customer take his Enzo to the next event. It was there getting a $5,000 water pump, ouch! It has 3k miles on it. I got to stand underneath it. It is truly artwork with all the CF undertray removed. Shocking that the control arms are steel? I guess for strength and I'm sure CF control arms from the F1 car weren't practical for a street car. The whole rear subframe is cast magnesium though.

They have a customer's real 427 Cobra built especially for LeMans as a backup the year the GT40 debuted. Needless to say, it was never needed. It has a 40+ gal fuel cell in the back. Pretty cool.

They said the two cars should be at C&C next month. Just a FYI if you see the Cobra, it has a cool story behind it and well, the Enzo is an Enzo after all.
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Oh, sweet! I was hoping an Enzo would show up sometime. I've never seen one in person. There's an F40 in town, so I hope that car shows up in the future. I saw it on the tollway in Plano about 5 or 6 months ago.
        -Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Fair! View Post
          try to help sell it, with fliers on the windshield. The car ran, looked and sounded better than ever before! Really hate to see this car go...
          ??????? That sucks that you are going to sell it!
          Hunter

Ladies and Gentlemen this is your captain speaking. Please put your collars in the upright and POPed position.

Comment

Working...
          X