Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOMG nice BMW

Hey McCall/Fair/Redwood,

can't believe you finished the LS1 BMW. I remember you starting work when I was in Richardson in mid 2001. Looks pretty good on the track but did Terry actually blow the engine in that run? Can you drive the car on public roads or only on enclosed tracks?

Anyway, I am currently on exchange in Windsor, ON (hello Detroit Motorshow) and will stay in North America till the end of April. Right now, no trip to the south is planned (so many places, so little time...) but you never know.

In case you have no clue wtf I am: I was an exchange student with McCall's inlaws in 2000/2001. I went to the CPL with Redwood and chilled at Fair's house a couple of times. I also distinctly remember driving Amy's Miata (with the cut open steering wheel) for about 500 feet and being too afraid to actually drive around the neighbourhood. And I got vanilla DrPeppers from Sonic with Jason!

Markus

Re: ZOMG nice BMW

Whats up Marcus! How's the work going in Ontario? Auto industry is nuts.

The E36 LS1 car was finished over 2 years ago. We've been racing it the past year+ up here in Dallas. The car went though a lot of abuse before I screwed it up a few weeks back. Probably 25 autocross events, and a lot of miles at ~8-10 days of track events. The old junkyard motor finally lost oil pressure when it was accidentally run too low on oil. The car was making tremendous grip and it was probably a matter of time before something like this happened, with the oil pan it had and the lack of oil control/accumulator.

Oh well, gives Vorshlag an excuse to build a "real" motor now, which is underway. Should make 500 hp "at the wheels" (old motor made 330 whp), and we have several new oiling upgrades going in.

We do sell a kit to put this engine in an E36 chassis as well: http://www.vorshlag.com/index.php?cPath=1_4_63

Cheers,
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Re: ZOMG nice BMW

That sounds pretty sweet. 550hp is obv absolutely sick. Have you driven it on a public road before blowing the engine?

Also, yes it feels like everybody here expects to loose their job within the next 12 months. Crazy...
      Personally I have way too much school stuff going on. I have to turn something in tomorrow morning and have a midterm in the afternoon so it doesn't look like I will catch a lot of sleep. At least I get to go to Ann Arbor for the weekend. On the agenda:
      1. attend Northwestern at U of Michigan
      2. get trashed

Comment

Working...
      X