Hit and run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit and run

Well, my beautiful daily driver is not so beautiful anymore On my way home from work, headed out to play pool, I was driving across 121 and coming up to the light at Preston I got rearended. And the ****ER FLED!!! Thank god, 2 people who saw it pulled over and both had the same description and same license plate for this guy. So if anyone sees the following vehicle driving around with some severe front end damage, please let me know or call the police and report the car. My cell number is 214-597-3852.

Similar to this body style white Ford Ranger

License Plate Number - 9WW G15 (possibly 9WW 615 - I can't read the guys handwriting)

This is a HIT AND RUN MOTHER ****ER!!! Asshole is going to pay.

Now...for pics of my poor sad car

Re: Hit and run

YIKES!!! That really sucks Amber. Hopefully you are ok.

I'm guessing the SOB either A. has no insurance B. is illegal or C. BOTH!
    McCall

Comment

Holy crap! that is terrible!

Why would people fell an accident?

1. stolen vehicle?
      2. they have warrants?
      3. no insurance?
      4. 100% stupid??

Well, the police have his license plate #, so that shouldn't be too hard for them to track down. what did the officer at the scene say? Can't they access these things with their fancy computers in their police cars?
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

http://www.license-plate-lookup.com/search/

Prices vary, as much as $30 to do a reverse lookup of a license plate... for peace of mind, why not?

For another $200 you, if you know the wrong people, could probably get somebody over there to... say hello.

Comment

OMIGOSH!

I'll be on the lookout for a messed up Ford Ranger... 9WW like the highest number of worldwidewebs you can have numerically (that's my nmeonic device)

I'd save the money on the license plate lookup since that's what the police will be doing anyways... You got a police report filed and all that jazz ?

Are you OK? That's a pretty severe looking hit, that's beyond fender bender.

I wonder what ins. companies do in circumstances such as this ? Do they wait to pay until the person is found or do they pay up front and settle later ?
          Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
          Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
            Holy crap! that is terrible!

Why would people fell an accident?

1. stolen vehicle?
            2. they have warrants?
            3. no insurance?
            4. 100% stupid??

Well, the police have his license plate #, so that shouldn't be too hard for them to track down. what did the officer at the scene say? Can't they access these things with their fancy computers in their police cars?
            5. DWI
            6. Illegal immigrant.

I've read that it's comon practice in that community (both among illegals and those people that routinely drive under the influence) to run because unless they're caught, you can't prove who was driving the vehicle at the time of the infraction.

I'll be interested to see what comes of this. Crossing my fingers for you Amber. Glad you're okay.
            '05 STi
            Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

If they have insurance, your insurance company can make theirs pay though. I had that happen when I was living in Garland in '95. Even though the owner said he "lent it to a friend."
              -Sean Martin
              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
                If they have insurance, your insurance company can make theirs pay though. I had that happen when I was living in Garland in '95. Even though the owner said he "lent it to a friend."
                In a hit and run, someone needs to face criminal charges too.
                '05 STi
                Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Oversteer
                  In a hit and run, someone needs to face criminal charges too.
                  As has already been stated, linking the car to the crime is easy. Linking a person to the crime is much more difficult.

Even if you find the person, it is only a class B midemeanor which means probation, a fine, and a "stern" warning not to do it again.

It only becomes a felony if someone was injured, and even then jail time is unlikely unless someone was hurt bad enough to be hospitalized.

Comment

Well, I've started the claim with my insurance. I've got my file number and intend on getting a copy of the police report. I went to the ER last night to be checked out, they took about 15 xrays and nothing is broken and he said doesn't appear to be any severe damage but that I would be really sore. Got some pain killers and muscle relaxers. Only thing that concerns me right now is that Ive had a headache since the pain set in that hasn't gone away, even on the pain killers, the headache is still there.

I'll also be contacting a lawyer to get their opinion on the situation. I've got the guys address for who owns the vehicle, and I'm not surprised to find its registered to someone with a hispanic name. I've got 2 witnesses as well, so I think that will at least help. But we'll see what happens.

I'll keep everyone updated, thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
                      I'll also be contacting a lawyer to get their opinion on the situation. I've got the guys address for who owns the vehicle
                      Sounds like a slam dunk for the lawyer, I'd almost pay the Dr. again to get the headaches thing documented in writing for later...

Not that I'd think you would, but I wouldn't share the address at all with anyone but the lawyer, *some* of the DallasDSM crowd are a little young and ahem, may do the wrong things, like they've already mentioned they would.... Maybe you can get a 'free' Z06 out of this whole mess after you win on damages and personal injury
                      Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."

Comment

Oh damn... since you posted this and didn't mention any injuries I assumed that you were fine. That makes this suck even more that you had to go to the hospital and have lingering pain!

I wouldn't expect there to be much restitution if the owner... was the type of person that would run from an accident/crime like this. I hope the vehicle owner was insured. I have since talked to people that were in similar hit-and-runs and the people that run do tend to get away with a LOT MORE than you'd think. "I wasn't driving... prove that I was..." At least their insurance has to cover you. Assuming the car is insured. THAT is what you need to find out next.

Comment

Yea, my insurance and the police are both working to locate the owner. I just had a thought about placing a driver with the car, since that seems to be the biggest trouble. With his truck being a 99 Ford Ranger, I'd assume he had airbags and assuming that, with as hard as he hit me, his airbags *should* have deployed. Hopefully that asshole got some burns from the airbag and maybe that will help to place someone at the scene....we'll see I guess.

Got a call from my insurance today, time to start copying all my bills I've paid so far and send them over to get reimbursed. The adjuster is still supposed to call me and set up a time to see the car, my claims agent said it would probably be Friday or Monday before they could get out.

Also, I wasn't injured too bad, just mainly stiff and sore. But I may go back to the doc and get checked out further. I've had a headache since the accident that even the painkillers aren't helping with, I mentioned it to my claims agent and she agreed I should go get it checked out. I've also noticed my back pops if I breathe deep sometimes, and my right shoulder has been popping unusually. Thats probably just a sign of old age though

I really hope they don't total my car, but its not looking good
                          Last edited by amberdawn; 01-11-2007, 01:34 PM.

Comment

You can see how close the total is (always go for the most money), but some adjusters will total it plus $1 (they did that for someone I know) because he wanted to keep the car and a good title.

And from a prior life experience (I mean a dream, yea, a dream), when the airbag deploys, you'll get carpet burns up the inside of your forearm area from the speed of the airbag deployment. No comments from the peanutgallerythankyouverymuch.

Comment

Met with my adjuster this morning and my car is totaled What a sad day for me...I'm waiting on a call now from my claims agent to get things all worked out I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X